Cast Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cast Software Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.2

Technical Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cast Software.

Interview

1) Phone Interviews - Interview with HR, and Solutions team Director
    2) Case Study - Install CAST Software, perform analysis and prepare presentation.
    3) On-site interviews - Included presentations and 1:1 interviews with various other team members

Interview Questions

• Technical and Business Oriented. Team was really good. It would have been an excellent opportunity to improve professional as well as technical skills.
      After the interview, I was expecting a feedback but no reply from the team.
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cast Software (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cast Software(New York, NY).
    Their executives should be aware of questions that are illegal or inappropriate to ask a job applicant. I was very disturbed by their inappropriate questions.

Technical Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cast Software (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

After initial screening phone call, I was given a AWS environment and the product. Then I had to use the product to review an application and create a presentation and demo of the application to present to the team. After the presentation where I was asked questions about the analysis I ran and around the programming of the application I ran the analysis on. Then got the formal offer later that week.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cast Software (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with external recruiter found my profile on LinkedIn. 2nd phone screen with senior program manager. Both were very positive. Then invited for a 4-hour onsite at their NYC office. Questions were pretty standard project management questions and scenarios.

Did not get an offer as they prefer someone with more customer facing experience. Recruiter said they liked my technical background and could try to interview for the implementation consultant role, but it wasn't what I wanted to do for my career so I respectfully declined to pursue the other position.

Interview Questions

• When managing projects, who is more important: Cast (the company) or the customer?   Answer Question

Vice President, Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cast Software (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

They tracked me on Linkedin. The hiring manager himself initiated the dialogue over an email. First round was over the phone to assess the fitment and interest level. This was followed by in person interview with the hiring manager followed by the CEO. That was it.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave expected base and said the commission plan is being worked out. I had to take their word for the earning potential from . And later the commission plan changed to lower levels.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cast Software.

Interview

They did not know what they were recruiting for! No particular process as such exists for recruitment or induction into the company - As it happens in all organizations you are not heard!
    The day you talk against or back answer or question: you are in trouble!
    Some heavily experience guys out there - but it is the lesser experience guys think they own you!!

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cast Software in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got call on May 26th informing that I will have first round on May27th but the did not turn up so I called back but HR said that interviewer is busy so rescheduled for May 30th and first round was over

Second round was technical exercise round where the gave some exercise in SQL and .Net, i finished and replied back on June 2nd and the informed me back saying that I got selected for third round

Third round was a panel round where it was scenario based interview and I cleared and there was final round

Final round was a general round and concerned person informed that HR will call back with offer

on June 9th the senior HR gave call and she gave me XX compensation which I was getting in present company itself so I asked for renegotiation , she said that she will consult with concerned person and get back to me

the did not contact me even after 1 week , so i contacted them on 20/06/2016 asking for update and the said I was rejected

when I asked is it related to CTC the replied no it is with other reasons if that is the case the should have rejected me in panel interview itself why the dragged till final HR round

based on my experience it was very bad , if you have no other choice then attend this company interview otherwise better skip it

Note:- Clearly I informed the HR that I am drawing XX salary and I need 30% increment at the beginning of the interview process , when the are not ready for it don't know why the are keeping the interview and wasting candidate time

the don't have basic courtesy to inform the candidate that you have not been selected through e-mail also , we need to follow up with them

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cast Software (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had applied through a recruiting portal and got a call from the HR for an interview at their Bangalore office. I was interviewed for the position of a Core Java Developer.

They didn't ask for the resume or any other document. They only wanted to check the technical strength of the candidate.

Interview went on for one hour and it was really interesting. The interviewer asked questions which needed deep understanding of Core Java. The questions were mainly writing a small code snippet and telling them what it is doing internally and how Java works.

Interview Questions

• How do you create a constructor and how does it works internally?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between String and int?   Answer Question

I declined because the offer was very less as per expectations.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cast Software (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

3 rounds : 2 technical and 1 HR
    Be strong in core java and current project which you are working on
    Have sound knowledge on database operation
    You may be asked to right some basic queries
    My First round was skype call and second round was 1 on 1 with one guy joining from skype

Interview Questions

• Basic technology questions and a bit depth knowledge of database required   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cast Software in January 2008.

Interview

This company is managed by intelligent , academically biased scientist and engineers.
    They all believe they have the answer , don't interview as if you think your "it"
    Very alpha culture already in place , so every phase stay humble and agree.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Get the most you can going in the door