Castlight Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Castlight Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Castlight

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

From application to receiving an generic form decline email last thing on a Friday afternoon, it was a little over a month long process. I had to reach out to a recruiting rep (interesting note: the main number of the company either rang and rang, never picked up or even rolling to voicemail.) Had a good and even enjoyable phone interview with that recruiter; he shared the projected timeline. The next step (about 1 1/2 weeks later) was interviewing with four EAs, one at a time. Those were actually enjoyable. 2 hours projected time going in, and so to see the world's smallest bottle of water on the interview table, when I had just passed a fully stocked kitchen, was rather sad. Even more sad because when I left at the end of what became 2 1/2 hours, everyone in the company was loading up on free lunch. 1 of the 4 thought I might be bored at the company, the other 3 talked about how much this role would have to handle. I did not get the sense from any of them that I was not equal to, or greater than, the demands of the position.

I called the recruiter the following week and his tone was lukewarm (perhaps because there was a Giant's game the night before...); he said he would get back by the end of the week with next steps. That "getting back" was in the form of a cold, generic email, not from him directly, but from the "Castlight Health Recruiting Team": "...but there does not seem to be a close enough match between your strengths and experience and our requirements for the Executive Assistant position."

Please note how almost 50% of Castlight candidates have a negative recruiting experience; I totally understand the reason for the size of that percentage. I have worked in recruiting and executive search and know what goes into making a positive recruiting experience, even if a job does not result from the process.

Interview Questions

• No astoundingly difficult questions; one EA clearly put thought into the process and came with a list of questions of her own. I actually enjoyed our conversation the most and I thought she liked the answers to my questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Castlight

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Everything was very professional and organized. Recruiting team was very proactive and transparent throughout the entire process. Management made me feel at ease. Location was very easy to get to by BART. Great location and many different types of transportation can be used to get there. Definitely a great interview experience at Castlight.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

The entire process took about a month, mostly due to scheduling. I initially received an email from an in-house recruiter, which was followed up by a 30 minute phone interview. During that time, I was asked very simple and generic questions, probably to evaluate my personality. He was nice, engaging, and answered any questions I had. After that I received an email from him requesting that I come in to meet with three EAs (separately) for more interviews. Getting to this location is quite easy and the office space is very impressive, if you like open spaces with very little privacy or personal desk space (not a complaint). I ended up meeting with two EAs, who were really lovely (45 minutes each). They were both really nice and asked very typical questions for this position. I then got a tour of the entire space, which was quite encouraging. That evening I received an email from a different recruiter asking that I come in and interview with the three Executives I'd be supporting. I admit, that part was absolutely nerve wracking. The interview space was tiny and incredibly hot. Two of the interviews were pleasant. The third didn't go as well, part of it was probably my fault. Three interviews back-to-back by lawyer-types in a hot tiny box didn't help my chances.

I sent a typical thank-you email to all parties and received two very pleasant responses. Unfortunately, that was the end of it. I would have liked to receive a "thanks but no thanks" email at some point, even a generic one. After all that time, I think that would have been the right thing to do on their part. Still, Castlight seems like a very good company to work for, even though I got the impression from other EAs that the workload is quite heavy. Two of the emails I received from the recruiters were sent at about 10 p.m.

Interview Questions

• No out of the ordinary questions. Be prepared to talk about how you handle stressful situations and what you'd like to improve.   Answer Question