Castlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Their recruiters are the worst. They are unresponsive and extremely unprofessional. Someone reached out to me many weeks after I submitted my application, and I didn't hear back from them after following up. The lackluster hiring staff is a shame because the company has interesting product offerings and great potential.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by in person interview.

This company is not very organized at all with the negatives of a start up. Communication is all over the place. Good luck getting them to contact you on time for a phone interview. Then they drag their feet to let you know what is next. This is one of those companies that have been around for a few years, but still think they are a start up. Kind of like a college grad who still thinks they are a student. You can’t grow a company when you don’t accept that your company has grown and now you have to take responsibility for poorly handling candidates.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just normal questions based on the job description.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process went quickly - they were looking to bring on several ISRs at the time, so they did a hiring fair blitz and moved rapidly. It was a comfortable format, they did not yet have office space in Austin, so they were held at Capital Factory, with which I was already familiar. Dress was business casual, questions were pretty down the fairway, nothing wild. They were very conversational and provided immediate positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Q. What do you hope to gain from your experience with Castlight?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I met with entire senior leadership team over a 2-3 week period. My wife and I had dinner with the CEO. I also interviewed with the co-founder and chairman of the board. Everyone was very engaged, and I got a great idea of the culture and ethos of the company. The full process was well managed and moved relatively quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Castlight was very fair and transparent in the discussions.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a trip to the west coast for a series of 5 on site interviews. All travel and hotel reservations set up by Castlight. Got offer one week after on site interviews. Accepted offer, and went through background check process. HR and hiring manager are very responsive to questions via e-mail. All questions/concerns addressed promptly.

Interview Questions

• Why will you be satisfied taking a position that doesn't manage people when you have been managing people for the last 10 years?

Give me an example of a time you had to tell a customer that you were not going to meet project deadlines. What was the response, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer presented, subject to background check. Offer accepted, background check took less than one week. HR very responsive to questions regarding benefits, start date, and logistics.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

Took forever - literally 4 months, even coming in with a strong recommendation from a current employee.
    Started with a phone interview from a recruiter, then phone with a manager, then phone with a different manager, then phone with the first manager again, then an in-person interview in SF offices with 5 individuals (not a panel, but back to back interviews over 4 hours).

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in the worst project you ever managed and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone screening with a technical staff member which composed of a coding exercise, unit testing it, basic Java OO questions, and design pattern questions. I did very well according to the staff member as the interview was moving on a lot quicker than he anticipated.

I was asked to come on-site. I did very well with the first three interviewers. They asked me whiteboard coding questions. I was getting very excited because I had a great time discussing the problem and solution with these guys. Plus, I really enjoyed getting to know them. They were all very friendly.

Then... the fourth and final guy came in. I believe he was Korean and just recently joined the company 1 month ago. He was not very nice. In fact, he was not professional at all, in my opinion. He asked me very obscure and vague questions such as "What is the usage?" I asked him to clarify several questions, but he immediately interpreted that as if I didn't understand the topic, which is NOT the case. I've clearly demonstrated and established my technical knowledge on various subjects with the other interviewers.
    This guy was not very fair to me as well. When he asked me "What design patterns have you practiced at work?" I told him how we applied the singleton pattern in my current project at work. Then, I informed him about the other patterns (Observer, State, Factory, etc.) that I know and how I have used them in my projects outside of work (i.e. M.S. degree). But he completely disregarded that and labeled me as "junior" and not "senior".
    This guy was not professional and down right rude and snobby. He placed himself on a pedestal the whole time with me, giving me suggestions on the things I should know and be prepared for during interviews.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I participated in nine total interviews. This consisted of 4 phone interviews and 5 in-person interviews. Everyone I met with was nice and very dedicated to the organization and the overall mission. I was very impressed with the morale of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Normal/average questions. Nothing really stood out.

Unfortunately in the end I wasn't notified of my elimination from consideration. I had to follow-up twice to retrieve that information. While I understand people are busy, I think after 9 interviews and a total of 5+ hours of my time I should get a response of some kind.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

4-5 phone interviews with potential peers and above and then an onsite presentation of around 25 mins to a varied audience posing as a real life situation of being in a client meeting.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was bizarre. I was referred through an internal source and I got calls from multiple different recruiters who did not understand what position I was referred for. Wasted a lot of time with recruiters and the recruiters in turn wasted a lot of time setting up the interview - about 2-3 weeks. I know that internally from the sales teams at Castlight they wanted to bring me on board quickly but a lot of time was wasted getting meetings set up.

I finally talked to their presales leadership and I have to say that was one of the better conversations I have had in my interviewing process. It was a fun interactive conversation and very much consultative and honest.

In the end I did not get the job offer as I was informed that they wanted a candidate who has expertise in benefits as they want the new hire to hit the ground running. I got the sense, which was validated by an internal source, that they already had a candidate lined up and the interview with me was to build options should they be needed. I am OK with that and happy for the networking.

Overall, I think the recruiters need to work on their craft and process - the company is solid, the people are awesome and the product is poised for major growth. I would gladly entertain an opportunity to work here again.