Castlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Castlight (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through the website and was then routed to an outside recruiter whom I worked with through the rest of the process. I was also asked how I was able to impact sales in my previous positions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer

Senior Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This is really quick move. They called my for a phone interview and then put me onsite a week later. There were 5 people I interviewed with. The environment is good, people are pretty nice. They did not ask too many technical questions and we talked a lot of cultures and my past projects. The questions are pretty simple, all behavior related.
    Then they sent me back to wait for their response, and they said it would be 1-2 days.
    However, I wait the whole week and had to send the HR an email to remind that they were suppose to respond back to me a couple days earlier. They called me, told me they were not willing to give me an offer. "You are a good person, great personality, good fit for the culture and team, but we are looking for a guy who knows more of SQL!" , blablabla... Well, they did not ask me a single question about SQL and how they know how much I know about it.

Interview Questions

• How do you create a report if I change some value of a dropdown?   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Contacted via a recruiter, unusual interview process... initially mostly on Caltrain to San Francisco with my manager. Final interviews at HQ

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Essentially they gave one offer so it was take it or leave it.

Director, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on LinkedIn and received an email from a recruiter the next day. We setup an initial phone screen. The call went well and we setup a second phone screen with the hiring manager. That call also went well and we arrange for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. I enjoyed my conversation with the hiring manager. We discussed many aspects of the organization, responsibilities for the role and required interaction with the sales team. All of the above took place in 7-day time period.

The next step was an additional phone screen with another regional Director in the professional services group. This is where the process slowed down. The last phone screen was rescheduled several times causing a 2 week delay and then never took place. I got a call from the recruiter that someone else was ahead of me in the process and the position had been filled. He said I was a good fit for the position and had received great feedback from the team, but in this fast pace time for the company they had to fill the position immediately and move ahead.

In the end, it was a good experience. The people I met from Castlight were smart and had clear objectives for the direction of the company. I wish them the best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard interview questions:
      What qualities do you look for when hiring/building a team?
      What key performance indicators do you use for measuring team's performance?
      What's your management style?
      etc....   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Castlight Health clearly is a major health care think-tank and a tough place to break into. I have heard it's a great company to work for but you must be on your a-game.

After applying, I heard back from the onsite recruiting folks very quickly. They were friendly, professional, and communicative throughout the process. There seemed to be a slight delay in scheduling time with the Hiring Manager but once a time and date were confirmed, the call was on-time and very conversational. There was clear interest in my background and open discussion about the details of the position.

I was invited in for an interview and met with 3 members of the team but ultimately they decided I was not a fit for the role. The Hiring Manger called to communicate this was actually provided helpful feedback and reasons for passing on my candidacy.

Although I didn't get the job, the application and interview process was exceptional. Castlight Health has it together and will do very well!

Interview

Some basic and advance questions about SQL and data warehouse, the manager and technical recruiter are very nice and make me feel comfortable during interview.
    It goes for 1 hours and it will cover the technical and culture and also behavior.

Interview Questions

• DDL and Performance tuning questions.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Engaged interview cross functionally. Focused on my technical depth and my ability to make a difference immediately. Results focused. Appreciate the transparency and in-depth interview from everyone I met. Talented team across all groups with a caring culture. You feel it when you walk in between buildings.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to change health care?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

My recent interview with Castlight Health consisted of a informal teleconference with their cross function team. Most of the conversation involved the company culture and my experience problem solving, work history. Subsequently, I met with key team member and discussed their benchmarks and goals.

Interview Questions

• If I was selecting an employee for hire, which criteria would I choose as a higher priority (academic achievement or the ability to work within a team)?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

From application to receiving an generic form decline email last thing on a Friday afternoon, it was a little over a month long process. I had to reach out to a recruiting rep (interesting note: the main number of the company either rang and rang, never picked up or even rolling to voicemail.) Had a good and even enjoyable phone interview with that recruiter; he shared the projected timeline. The next step (about 1 1/2 weeks later) was interviewing with four EAs, one at a time. Those were actually enjoyable. 2 hours projected time going in, and so to see the world's smallest bottle of water on the interview table, when I had just passed a fully stocked kitchen, was rather sad. Even more sad because when I left at the end of what became 2 1/2 hours, everyone in the company was loading up on free lunch. 1 of the 4 thought I might be bored at the company, the other 3 talked about how much this role would have to handle. I did not get the sense from any of them that I was not equal to, or greater than, the demands of the position.

I called the recruiter the following week and his tone was lukewarm (perhaps because there was a Giant's game the night before...); he said he would get back by the end of the week with next steps. That "getting back" was in the form of a cold, generic email, not from him directly, but from the "Castlight Health Recruiting Team": "...but there does not seem to be a close enough match between your strengths and experience and our requirements for the Executive Assistant position."

Please note how almost 50% of Castlight candidates have a negative recruiting experience; I totally understand the reason for the size of that percentage. I have worked in recruiting and executive search and know what goes into making a positive recruiting experience, even if a job does not result from the process.

Interview Questions

• No astoundingly difficult questions; one EA clearly put thought into the process and came with a list of questions of her own. I actually enjoyed our conversation the most and I thought she liked the answers to my questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Everything was very professional and organized. Recruiting team was very proactive and transparent throughout the entire process. Management made me feel at ease. Location was very easy to get to by BART. Great location and many different types of transportation can be used to get there. Definitely a great interview experience at Castlight.