Castlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Thorough, personal interview process with one in-person interview and multiple interviews with peers and sales management. Interview process was quick - approximately 2 weeks. Castlight favors consultative sellers with healthcare experience and strong relationship building skills.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Single interview round, very rapid process. This was for a contract position, so may not reflect full-time employee experience. For a smaller company, the process was very smooth, courtesy of the high quality contract HR staff employed by Castlight.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about SQL   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Castlight in August 2014.

Interview

Standard fare. Applied through website. Corporate recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. Very long phone interview, and then silence. The phone interview with hiring manager was quite involved and actually required a lot of preparation on my part. That being said, the person who interviewed me also invested a lot of time going over my resume. This part of hiring process was actually quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. Just general questions related to how my previous job experience will fit with the position the company is trying to fill.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, in person interview with hiring manager and Director. Very informal and misleading in the job role/responsibilities as well as financial health of the company.

Interview Questions

• The case study was to write an email to a difficult customer explaining their product would not implement on time.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Submitted an application online, heard back from HR about 2 months later and began what ended up being a very lengthy interview process. Spoke with a recruiter for the phone screen, was then notified they wanted to continue the process which required 5 separate 1 hour phone interviews with different people on the team in different roles- over about 1 and a half months. Then I was scheduled to have a 30 minute video call with the VP of the team, which went well, i answered all questions without hesitation but I don’t think it was enough time. I was definitely more than qualified for the position with over 15 years of experience in the role and received positive feedback from everyone else that I had interviewed there.

So after more than 6 interviews lasting over 8 hours over the course of almost 2 months, I wasn’t offered the role and told that while I was talented and had all the key requirements for the role, they didn’t think I’d be a good fit but might be for another team. What? I wish they wouldn’t have made me wasted so much time, for and qualifications are completely different things if I wasn’t a fit for the team I’m sure they knew this early on.

Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, and it went very fast from there to phone interviews and a long face to face interview with various departments. Some companies take at 3 months before you know the answer. Communication was kept up throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How are my data and communication skills?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Castlight (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My interview process took about a week. I interviewed with my hiring manager in my local city. My skill set and experience matched up well. I received an offer and started with Castlight a few weeks later. Great experience and I love my job.

Interview Questions

• How my past experience prepared me to be successful in a potential role as Castlight.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Extensive but worthwhile interview process. I had a number of phone interviews with various levels within the organization. It helped me to understand the expectations for the position. I also had 2 face to face interviews and was able to speak with a number of people in similar positions.

Interview Questions

• There were numerous questions - not any one stands out.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The worst recruiting team I've ever dealt with in my career. Period.

I applied online, got a message from Recruiter #1 a week later expressing interest.

We had a phone conversation where he asked some pre-screen questions, and surprisingly asked me my desired salary during the first 5 mins of the call. I believe in a transparent process, so I told him exactly what I was looking for, $X.

He confirmed that this was within the range of this role, and he'd like to move forward and get feedback from the hiring manager.

A week or so later, he set up a phone screen with an engineering team member. Coding, algorithms, etc. Normal engineering interview.

Got another follow up email from Recruiter #1, now he CC'd Recruiter #2, who apparently is higher up in the hierarchy. She gives me feedback that they'd like to move forward and bring me on site. Great!

At this point, Recruiter #1 also CC'd Recruiter #2 on our earlier follow up emails, where he summarized our discussion (pre-screen questions, desired salary, etc). So everything is transparent thus far.

I go for the on-site, nail every interview, and get a call back from Recruiter #2 a few days later saying that she received the green light from the manager and that they would like to move on to the offer phase.

Recruiter #2 now calls me, asking me the same question regarding my desired salary. I was surprised she asked me this, since she already knows my desired salary because Recruiter #1 CC'd her on an earlier email regarding our conversation. Nonetheless, I tell her the same number I told Recruiter #1, $X.

"That is way out of our range for this role..." - Recruiter #2's response. What?

I asked how that could be, when Recruiter #1 assured me from the start that it was within the range. If he had told me this upfront, I wouldn't have gone through 1.5+ months of interviews. Her response: "I have no idea why he said that..."

Cool. So you believe in catfishing candidates...? She also said that there were people on the team with 20+ years of experience who would be making less than me, and that they wouldn't be happy if they found out that someone with less experience was making more.

What. First off, how is that my problem? That's an organizational issue, and goes up to the culture set forth by leadership. Second, how in the world would any team member know my salary figure? I asked this question and the response I got was "things tend to get out eventually...".

Lol okay, great answer. Kind of funny that a company responsible for so much HIPAA compliance data has trouble keeping employee financials confidential.

Anyways, I told her I'd be open to an offer as long as it was strong, even if that meant agreeing to a lower salary (in exchange for higher equity, flexibility, etc.). She agreed enthusiastically and said she'd get back to me in a week.

It's been about four months now, and I haven't heard anything. So guessing they went with another candidate, but clearly felt as if they have serious issues in terms to communication and internal processes.

It's a bummer because I really liked the company and it's mission, but unfortunately I got the impression that it's a very political and unprofessional place, especially in engineering.

Oh well, there are plenty of other companies in the Silicon Valley to work for.

And guess what, a majority of them actually keep their word.

Interview Questions

Castlight Response

Apr 14, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your negative interview experience, and thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We have made internal process changes in response to your feedback. We... More

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Didn't hear back from anyone for 21 days. After an initial phone screen, they moved quickly and scheduled interviews within one week. The six interviews they scheduled were only 30 minutes long. This meant you repeated the some of the same things in each interview and either got talk about your work OR learn about the company, but not both. It was impossible to tell who was the decision makers since there was no UX Director. Different interviewers who had the same responsibilities had different job titles and rolled their eyes when asked about it. They said they would get back to me with next steps in a couple weeks which never happened. Out of the six thank you notes I wrote I got one response back.

Interview Questions

See What Castlight Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “Been with Castlight for almost 3 years, and work on a smaller, nimble team, and during this time I have added progressive responsibilities to increase my skills. I feel that management...”“Been with Castlight for almost 3 years, and work on a smaller, nimble team, and during this time I have added progressive responsibilities to increase my skills. I feel that management cares about my growth. We drive for results, but also make sure we take time to talk about where I see my career going. There are company-wide career growth programs aimed at empowering folks to be in the driver’s seat as far as their career development goes. Good benefits - I can pick-and-choose what I need - with a flexible work environment. As employees, we all get the opportunity to use our own health & well-being product. Salary, bonus, and equity are competitive. There is a constant stream of internal communications, including regular all-hands; we know what the company’s goals are. There is a Culture Empowerment Program dedicated to employees’ interests and passions, including 15+ clubs (sports, entertainment, volunteering, etc.). Company events are fun, and there are several each year and some include spouses and children – but I will say, the competition definitely heats up during the Halloween costume contest. We stay well-nourished with snacks and weekly lunches.” – Full Review