Castlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The process is very long, largely due to the lack of decision making and leadership at least in the marketing organization. The only consistency was the lack of consistency throughout the entire process. The hiring manager changed the role 3x during the process related to title, and scope. This hiring manager also has been with the company for a long time at different capacities, so there is no real excuse for not knowing what you need to hire for, unless you don't know how to hire. RED FLAGS throughout, but the cross functional team seemed attractive. Plus, they have high turnover in HR which is also not a good sign for a candidate converted to employee.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why Castlight Health? Who do you think our buyer is? How do you work with XYZ team?   Answer Question

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Castlight was very professional. The team was responsive and respectful. The overall process was quick and thorough from recruiting until hire. Process started with phone interviews following with an on-site where I was able to meet the whole team. Everyone I met with was smart and friendly. The on-site interview took a day, but, it went by quickly because it was insightful and interesting!

Interview Questions

• What motivates you and makes you want to be a part of Castlight's mission?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

There were initial screening interviews with the recruiter and then my future boss. Then a coding challenge and then a full day of interviews. The interview was very fair. It was more interested in culture fit than in technical interviews. They used the coding challenge as the primarily indicator of technical skill.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were mostly behavioral so there were fewer technical questions than I expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter negotiated but the salaries were very competitive

Product Management Interview

Interview

A little bit normal process: The hiring manager calls you for a phone interview, then you are invited to onsite interview at their SF office. I met with four people. The different part is that they require a 30 minute presentation and 30 minute product design session, which is not very normal. I spent quite some time preparing that, but only the hiring manager was there.

Interview Questions

• Most are normal questions. They didn't ask very weird questions   Answer Question

Product Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight in June 2013.

Interview

First I talked about my relevant experience and why I'm qualified for the position. Then the hiring manager asked me about the risks and opportunities the company will face in the future.

Interview Questions

• The risks and opportunities the company will face in the future.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

Recruiter contact was inconsistent; sometimes would be incommunicado for several days between each email. Eventually spoke with the hiring manager, and was subsequently invited for an onsite interview. This was with 5 different people, for one half-hour each. Interview questions themselves seemed fair and relevant to the job itself. Never heard back, which is very unprofessional, no matter the outcome. When someone invests the time and resources to come in, at least a "no" response is more respectful than radio silence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied via website. Reached out to within 3 days. Scheduled one day interview (long!). 8 interviews from 8a-5pm. Short break for lunch. Unstructured with a few consulting style cases. Got to meet al belies from VP to associates. Wanted to know about current work and how that work applied to the role. Asked for concrete examples dating back to undergraduate work.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Had a bad experience. Very unprofessional recruiting process where they lead you on. The interview itself requires a lot of preparation too. Worst return on time invested for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Castlight (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through the career site and was contacted within a week by their internal recruiter.

Scheduling an interview with the recruiter was rather painless and the interview lasted about an hour. The interview with the recruiter was rather formulaic, in that he straight up told me that his job is to fill out a spreadsheet full of questions that he's been given by the hiring manager. It was clear that he was reading the questions word-for-word off the sheet which made the interview feel soulless. It felt like I was being interviewed by someone from the DMV.

That being said, the interview went well and he told me that my skills and qualifications are impressive etc... and that I'd hear back from him within a week regarding next steps for scheduling the next interview with the hiring manager.

Later that day I sent a thank you email to the recruiter - I got no reply back.

A week later I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter - I got no reply back.

Two weeks later I sent a final email to the recruiter, just to see what happened - I got no reply back.

Unprofessional IMO....

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

Phone calls with the recruiter and hiring manager, sent writing samples, then went to a half day onsite. During the interview process, I got the sense that the hiring manager is not very interested in managing and developing others. She made it clear that she is too busy to teach anyone so will need someone experienced in enterprise B2B to start adding value from day one. After ghosting me for months after my onsite interviews, I had moved on and assumed I didn't get the role, but then the recruiter called me out of the blues and said I'm their top candidate, but that they wanted to start over and try to interview some more candidates. Then goes another month of waiting while they screen and interview candidates. I also found out the hiring manager was still working at another company at the same time, so filling this role was not on top of her list. They ultimately rejecting me in the end (they said they want to hire a director level PMM instead). This entire recruiting process showed lack of respect for my time and value. It was a rollercoaster of emotions from being really excited about Castlight/the role to now not wanting to use the product as a customer due to my negative experience. I keep seeing various PMM roles (intern, PMM, Sr PMM, Dir PMM) posted again and again on numerous job boards. I still don't think they are ready to make a decision and are just wasting everyone's time.