Castlight Product Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Castlight Product Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Castlight

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

Phone calls with the recruiter and hiring manager, sent writing samples, then went to a half day onsite. During the interview process, I got the sense that the hiring manager is not very interested in managing and developing others. She made it clear that she is too busy to teach anyone so will need someone experienced in enterprise B2B to start adding value from day one. After ghosting me for months after my onsite interviews, I had moved on and assumed I didn't get the role, but then the recruiter called me out of the blues and said I'm their top candidate, but that they wanted to start over and try to interview some more candidates. Then goes another month of waiting while they screen and interview candidates. I also found out the hiring manager was still working at another company at the same time, so filling this role was not on top of her list. They ultimately rejecting me in the end (they said they want to hire a director level PMM instead). This entire recruiting process showed lack of respect for my time and value. It was a rollercoaster of emotions from being really excited about Castlight/the role to now not wanting to use the product as a customer due to my negative experience. I keep seeing various PMM roles (intern, PMM, Sr PMM, Dir PMM) posted again and again on numerous job boards. I still don't think they are ready to make a decision and are just wasting everyone's time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Castlight

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was relatively easy, but a couple of the interviewers were unprofessional. 4 scheduled 30 minute interviews which felt rushed and did not provide enough opportunity for real Q&A. The initial phone interview with the hiring manager was rather brief - after about 10 minutes, she said that she'd love to bring me in for in-person interviews. That should have been a red flag that the team was inexperienced in the hiring process. The organization is clearly falling apart - I would strongly suggest staying away.

Interview Questions

• tell us how you would engage the end users of Castlight?   1 Answer

Castlight Response

Aug 2, 2017 – Internal Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your concern about the brevity of the phone and in-person interviews. We will take this opportunity to follow up with this team to provide coaching and feedback.

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I interviewed at Castlight in November 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview with hiring manager went well. Was asked to prepare an ROI-based PP to help sales team secure an actual sale. Required ROI analysis, deep industry research, PP design, etc. Took most of Thanksgiving weekend to prepare. Presented to five team members individually, 45 min each. At last interview discovered I was the 10th or 15th candidate to interview for the position in the last 6 months. Was told I would hear something in a few days after they had the opportunity to circle the wagons. Asked to send the presentation, and work examples in PP form. Followed up with thank you email the next day as well as required materials, emailed again one month after, and again at 90 days as the position is still posted. No answer; ever. Given the fact they have the need, and the financial resources, it's disconcerting that they dedicate so many resources to the interview process, have extremely high quality candidates to select from, are in a fast moving startup, and can't make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Very clear in what they wanted to see during the presentation.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

First phone interview was more of a fit and "tell me about your experiences doing X". Second round of interviews involved preparing a case which is a good barometer for whether you'll like the work. Met with a variety of team members, from future peers to leaders on the team, which provided a good sense of what the job would be like.

Interview Questions

• Presenting the Case, and why you made the decisions you did.   Answer Question