Castlight Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Castlight Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Castlight

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone screening with a technical staff member which composed of a coding exercise, unit testing it, basic Java OO questions, and design pattern questions. I did very well according to the staff member as the interview was moving on a lot quicker than he anticipated.

I was asked to come on-site. I did very well with the first three interviewers. They asked me whiteboard coding questions. I was getting very excited because I had a great time discussing the problem and solution with these guys. Plus, I really enjoyed getting to know them. They were all very friendly.

Then... the fourth and final guy came in. I believe he was Korean and just recently joined the company 1 month ago. He was not very nice. In fact, he was not professional at all, in my opinion. He asked me very obscure and vague questions such as "What is the usage?" I asked him to clarify several questions, but he immediately interpreted that as if I didn't understand the topic, which is NOT the case. I've clearly demonstrated and established my technical knowledge on various subjects with the other interviewers.
This guy was not very fair to me as well. When he asked me "What design patterns have you practiced at work?" I told him how we applied the singleton pattern in my current project at work. Then, I informed him about the other patterns (Observer, State, Factory, etc.) that I know and how I have used them in my projects outside of work (i.e. M.S. degree). But he completely disregarded that and labeled me as "junior" and not "senior".
This guy was not professional and down right rude and snobby. He placed himself on a pedestal the whole time with me, giving me suggestions on the things I should know and be prepared for during interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Castlight

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

I went to Castlight Health onsite two times after a phone interview with the manager. The first time I went, I met the whole team and was told that the position that I've applied for is not the right one as per my experience and offered me another position. I was asked to come and meet other team members and had a nice interview session with them. Its been two weeks past those interviews now and there is no communication/feedback from the HR till now. This is totally unprofessional behavior on the HR part.

Save your time by not applying for this company. I'm pretty sure this is a red flag for me at least when there is no feedback from the interviews. I won't be accepting the offer even if they come back now.