Casual Male Retail Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Short interview, asking how you would handle customer situations and previous experience. Overall the manager just wanted to get to know you and how good you are with conversations. Ability to struck up conversations is a big part of the job and being able to relate to customers to make them more comfortable. After I had the one on one interview I then had a phone interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The base rate of pay is not negotiable unfortunately

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawndale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Lawndale, CA).

Interview

Interview was only about 15 minutes long, it took place in the store's stock room, and with only a few questions asked. I was offered the job basically as soon as the interview was finished.

Interview Questions

• How long did you work at your last job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

3 interviews. Opposite side of town. All for Saturday's only. Never got called back even though I drove around town to hear it was one day a week. What a joke!

Interview Questions

• Q: what are you looking for?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview

It was a great interview process. First a phone interview. The process consisted of two group interviews. The questions were pretty normal. Basic interview questions. Great interview process, The company made you feel at home during the process.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in August 2014.

Interview

Easy the DM was very easy to talk to and it was more like a conversation. Laid back but dug in and did a selling role play. Asked a lot of questions about previous employment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation set rate

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview

I first applied online in February. A few weeks later I received a phone call about the position which turned into a phone interview, then during the call the HR associate wanted to set up an interview date for me. I interviewed about a week after the phone call, then I was told I was offered the position about a week or 2 weeks later. It was a relatively quick process

Interview Questions

• They were concerned about a long commute.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

They will take you on the floor to role play selling techniques during the interview. I was referred by another manager so I was quickly hired after doing the online paperwork.

Interview Questions

• none, but don't be suckered in by the fun D.M. He has to fill positions asap because of the turnover rate at thecompany.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick, a few days or more.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Natick, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

The position was initially advertised on Craigslist by the Store Manager. He invited me in for an interview. I also had a chance to interview with his existing Assistant Manager. She was the most condescending person I've met in an interview. Considering I've been a Casual Male customer for many years, I know more about selling clothing to big guys than she will ever know.

I get past the interview and get passed on to HR for the next step. First, it's the demeaning psychological profile test. Then, I had the 1 hour phone interview with HR. She said I passed, and should expected to have an interview with the Regional Manager.

That's where it all ended. Never had a call. My calls were never returned.

Very unprofessional company. I wish I had read the reviews here first.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about selling?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview

several interviews they want to make sure they have the right person for the right company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be yourself if you do not do well then you need another company

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Buffalo, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied after seeing a job posting for a Store Manager at Indeed.com. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took just over 1 hour. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me. The DM contacted me the following Monday to set up an interview. He then called me back to change the time. The next call I got was to change the location, because there was a scheduling conflict. I arrived for the interview, which was at a noisy cafe with a lot of distractions. The interview was about an hour long, we discussed management style and I had questions about what I read online about casual male group. Basically, I read that all the stores were being converted, and I asked what would be happening to the store I was applying for. The DM told me that there would be at least two stores being combined into one new DXL location, and that he would only be taking the best performing managers from each store, the others would not be needed. The time frame was about six months. So basically, if hired, I had six months to learn the company and out perform the other managers, or risk being let go. I was still interested and he said that he would be be making a decision in two weeks. That was two months ago and I never received a follow-up phone call, letter, or e-mail. Not even a "thank you for applying, but we selected another.." Basically it was a huge waste of time, but I thing they did me a favor. Based on what others have said, it's not a company that I would want to pursue.

Interview Questions

• "Are you looking to switch jobs because you need to make more money?" I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that question straddles the inappropriae.   Answer Question