Casual Male Retail Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

3 interviews. Opposite side of town. All for Saturday's only. Never got called back even though I drove around town to hear it was one day a week. What a joke!

Interview Questions

• Q: what are you looking for?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview

several interviews they want to make sure they have the right person for the right company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be yourself if you do not do well then you need another company

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview

A manager from a retail clothing store had been contacted by a recruiter looking for qualified individuals for a store management position. The manager called me as the recruiter was needing to hire quickly. I did an online search and found the job posted on a job board. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me as that DM would be in town the current week and their search was critical. I was provided with the name of the DM and thanked,and asked to complete the online profile with CMRG, as well as submit my interest to the CMRG job posting. I received a 'Thank You' email from Headway confirming that the named DM would be contacting me and the link for CMRG. While there were jobs for that location, there was not a posting for store manager. I did submit my resume and cover letter to another posting to that location so that my information would be available for them to view in case there was a glitch. I have worked for a company that converted to an electronic application process and I have seen a couple of glitches before. I sent a return email to Headway, thanking them for the interview and notifying them of the absent job posting on CMRG. It has been over two weeks and I have not been contacted, nor was my email responded to. Too bad as they may have lost a valuable asset.

Interview Questions

• Very good and indepth interview. Best question: How do I evaulate performance and how do I correct underperformers?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in March 2010.

Interview

This was one of the most lengthy hiring processes I had ever been through. I had 2 interviews with the Staffing Agency that pre screened the applicants to see if they are qualified enough to move forward to an interview with the District Manager. Once you pass the interview with the DM you will have to do a phone interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of how your communication skills have helped you be more successful.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in August 2014.

Interview

Easy the DM was very easy to talk to and it was more like a conversation. Laid back but dug in and did a selling role play. Asked a lot of questions about previous employment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation set rate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview

It was a great interview process. First a phone interview. The process consisted of two group interviews. The questions were pretty normal. Basic interview questions. Great interview process, The company made you feel at home during the process.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview

I first applied online in February. A few weeks later I received a phone call about the position which turned into a phone interview, then during the call the HR associate wanted to set up an interview date for me. I interviewed about a week after the phone call, then I was told I was offered the position about a week or 2 weeks later. It was a relatively quick process

Interview Questions

• They were concerned about a long commute.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

applied online headway called had a phone screen met with the dm then phone interview with rvp got emailed an offer letter the process took very long like 3 weeks

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Natick, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

The position was initially advertised on Craigslist by the Store Manager. He invited me in for an interview. I also had a chance to interview with his existing Assistant Manager. She was the most condescending person I've met in an interview. Considering I've been a Casual Male customer for many years, I know more about selling clothing to big guys than she will ever know.

I get past the interview and get passed on to HR for the next step. First, it's the demeaning psychological profile test. Then, I had the 1 hour phone interview with HR. She said I passed, and should expected to have an interview with the Regional Manager.

That's where it all ended. Never had a call. My calls were never returned.

Very unprofessional company. I wish I had read the reviews here first.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about selling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Beaverton, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

First interview was an initial phone interview done by an outsourced company which asked questions on management processes. Second interview was done by the District Manager outside a local Starbucks. Don't know why interview was not held at the store. I was told a decision was to be made by the end of the week. The third interview was supposedly done by a Regional manager but didn't get to that step.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite designer? (Asked by the District Manager)   1 Answer