Caterpillar 6 Sigma Black Belt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar 6 Sigma Black Belt Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Moderate but too lengthy. It takes too long to hear about interview details. Unwilling to answer questions about salary and length of selection process. Never hear back on interviews that are not successful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, take it or leave.

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

6 Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Face to face interview, based on fact based, real project experience, generally a TSI. This was followed by a face to face round which was specific to previous job roles and personal life. Further, got an offer in 5 days time. The salary negotiations doesn't take much time as they generally offer a good hike with respect to market standards

6 Sigma Black Belt Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very informal because I was an internal candidate. STAR format, so if you've been through a STAR interview before then you should be familiar with how it works.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given a vague directive from your management with a clear goal. How did you accomplish you goal?   Answer Question

6 Sigma Black Belt Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Interview process depends on the business unit and hiring manager, but will usually involve multiple people from varying job role asking general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? Give a specific example of the situation, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

6 Sigma Black Belt Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2008.

Interview

The interview process is not bad, but Cat HR is notoriously slow for pushing through applications, securing dates for interview. If you are going to move for Cat, the relocation company is really good, but HR always seems to be shorting them some piece of information. Very frustrating

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a person with whom you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair. Ask for the salary you deserve