Caterpillar Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Accountant Interview Questions

3.5

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2015.

Interview

It was basically just behavioral questions. It is recommended that you know the STAR response technique. The people were really friendly and it was very enjoyable talking with them. I had two phone interviews on back to back days and they asked basically the same questions so be ready for that.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you had to settle a dispute between people?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Normal, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very fast. It was two 30 minute interviews with one different manager each. Some questions were not bad and some were hard. With each interview some questions were the same and some different. Both interviewers were very polite.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I am a part of the NABA student chapter at my university. I went to the annual NABA regional student conference in Atlanta, GA. Caterpillar was there. I was selected for an interview, and did my first interview there. I passed on and had a second phone interview the next week. I was selected for an INTERNSHIP.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you cite specific examples of what YOU did, how YOU lead a project. Use I frequently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None- but I REALLY like the pay for a graduate accounting student in my 2nd year (amazing competitive pay- highest pay I have had)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I found the interview opportunity through my college's career fair. I talked to the lady and had a good impression with her. Right next day I got an email from them inviting me to schedule an interview with them. Before the night of interview, there is like a pre-interview social networking night that a few of the employees from Caterpillar come and talk to you about their experiences. The interview consist of two back to back interview, and they ask a set of similar questions from each person.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that your groupmate doesn't agree on your opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

All questions were situation based. Interviewers were extremely friendly and personable and made me feel very comfortable while going through the process. They ask tough questions, but give you time to think through you answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to get a peer to cooperate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

They were nice enough to pay all the expenses for two days in Peoria, and provided all meals. The interview itself was a pretty arduous experience: 30-minute resume presentation, followed by three 1-hour interviews with executives, so in essence a nearly 4-hour interview. The only unnerving part was that two of the CAT employees (not the three interviewers) asked me who I was voting for. When I tried to avoid the subject, they proceeded to explain how great it would be if their candidate won in a landslide victory. That's not really kosher, right?

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview started with my college.
    1st step) On-campus interviews
    2nd step) Dinner in Peoria, IL with host before interview process
    3rd step) On-site interview (which was from 8am - 3pm, but there is a plant tour in between, breakfast with host, and lunch, so it is not all interviews)
    4th step) Receive offer from Company

Interview Questions

• Most of the question pertained to this structure: STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result).
      So you have to give a Situation, what the Task was, what your Actions were, and the Results.
      In the end, you want to show that you showed initiative, leadership, solving a problem/crisis.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Targeted selection. Very simple questions. Had to do a resume presentation before a panel interview followed by 3 one on one interviews. This was followed by a drug test. I received a call the same day saying I passed the selection process and an offer would follow shortly. Whole process took about a year but I was in college at the time.

Interview Questions

• Very basic "tell me about a time" interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

A third party recruiter contacted me after finding my resume on Monster. She sent my resume to Caterpillar. They then had me apply to the position online. The next week they scheduled a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The Caterpillar representitive called me back about an hour later to schedule a face to face interview. They paid for everything including the flight, hotel etcetera. They took me out to dinner the night before at a nice restaurant and paid for breakfast and lunch the next day at their corporate cafeteria. The interview process started at 8:00. i was required to give a short presentation on my resume. This was followed with three consecutive hour long interviews, lunch, a drug test, and then a tour of one of the plants. At the end of the day you sit down for your final interview with Human Resources.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In my case no negogiation was required. I was satisfied with their initial offer. It was very generous considering the cost of living in central illinois with an exceptional benefits package. The total package was very competitive with my offers in areas with a much higher cost of living.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

The questions asked are very standard and it's easy to inderstand. The interviewees are very nice and friendly.