Caterpillar Interview Questions in Aurora, IL | Glassdoor

3.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL).

Interview

3-5 different people depending on the job being applied for and how many people are able to interview the candidate that designated day. At that time, back in May of 2011, they would have one person come in at a time to ask questions. I had about 4 people interview me, but because they do it one on one, I answered some of the question multiple times (sometimes the same question with each person) because they don't review notes before the next person comes in to interview. I would have much preferred a group/panel interview, but I had gotten the job so I was happy either way. They can greatly improve the interview efficiency.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you failed on a project and what could you have done differently to change the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, I tried to ask for more and they said "no, take it or leave it".

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was good and consists of hr and technical questions. Useful and well-framed interview. Lasts for 30 minutes. It was good and consists of hr and technical questions. Useful and well-framed interview. Lasts for 30 minutes. It was good and consists of hr and technical questions. Useful and well-framed interview. Lasts for 30 minutes.Overall experience was satisfactory

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences, about technical, project details, teamwork.Tell me about your experiences, about technical, project details, teamwork.Tell me about your experiences, about technical, project details, teamwork.   1 Answer

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Stars process, panel of people asked 5-8 questions per person and rate you based on your answers. then they panel got together to provide an overall recommendation to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you where asked to do something you did not agree with? How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Nice people. Interviewed by HR, Super, 2 Team leads. 1 hour on Software fundamentals ... know your stuff. This was for a contract-to-hire position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or too difficult. Just long and inclusive of several software areas related to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted contract. Never offered a permanent position. Left after 1 year.

Lead Logistics Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

Submit a skills matrix as well as a resume. Be patient, the entire process could take a few months from the initial submission, then phone interview, thorough background check including birth certificate and transcripts of grades. Plan an all day interview process which will include a facility tour, multiple interviews, and drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with an order from your superior. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate salary as well as vacation time.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

Interviewd at campus then 3 interview at company site. All STAR question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation possible