Caterpillar Interview Questions in Champaign, IL | Glassdoor

Interviews at Caterpillar

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a referral, process took a couple weeks. Two 1 hour interviews with 2 different interviewers. All behavioral questions which didn't allow me to show my technical skills even though I was applying for a software position. Never heard back even though the interviewer said they would keep me posted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict within a group.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

There are only behavioral questions in the interview. When have you gone beyond the call of duty? Tell me a time when you were a leader? Tell me about a time where you had somebody difficult to work with in a group and how did you handle the situation? Pretty basic/expected stuff. Having hands on experience and or design experience would definitely help to get this internship.

Interview Questions

• They are all behavior based. If you look up behavioral questions online you should be fine as long as you prepare.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

A reasonably easy behavioral interview with typical questions. There were two individuals who I talked to, and they asked similar types of questions. I received my offer a couple of weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you didn't succeed and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

applied for internship position and got an interview request in a week. It took 1 month to complete the hiring process. It was an one-time on-site interview . I met with a project manager and a technical engineer.

Interview Questions

• Illustrate the past projects and experience in machine simulation   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

All of the questions were behavioral questions and were expected to be answered in the STAR format. It consisted of two interviewers back to back for approximately one hour total. Some of the questions overlapped so they didn't require that the candidate go over those in too much detail. Technical questions weren't asked (it appeared that they assumed competence based on the GPA of the student at a university). Overall it was a fairly easy interview albeit a bit tiring.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a hard decision. How did you handle the situation and what was the result?   Answer Question

Received a better offer from another company.

Structural Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I received an email where they told me that they would offer an information session. The manager kindly showed me around the office and we briefly talked about what kind of structural analysis they do and whether or not my interest agrees with theirs. They said they would contact me in two weeks, but they never did. They should have reply me with a yes or no so that the matter can be settled sooner.

Interview Questions

• There's no question yet, but one of the manager assumed that I'm familiar with various acronyms. It was a little confusing.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical. It was a behavioral interview so the questions were typically situation based and I was told to answer based on previous experience. The toughest part was their STAR structure which they are pretty strict on. They fill out a form as you answer their questions so your best bet is to say what is going to look best on that paper.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different caterpillar recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in a group when your idea was up for contest against someone else's idea. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two one hour behavioral based interviews. Some of the questions between the two interviews were essentially the same just reworded. They were looking for different answers between the two interviews which was somewhat difficult, however, i used a couple of the same answers and had no problem. Questions were difficult but there is really no right or wrong answer. Interviewers were both easy going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were unsuccessful in getting someone to follow your lead.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to juggle several different tasks at one time. Tell me how you organized and accomplished everything.   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

I was asked many behavioral questions. I was also asked many questions about resume and my experiences based on what I reflected on my resume. It was a phone interview.