Caterpillar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had this campus interview at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Very straight forward questions related to leadership and your work ethic. The Interview has very little eye contact because they take notes of your answers.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome some of your challenging projects?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

had to pass test, interview with 4 people, I truly don't remember it was a long time ago, some areas of the test were timed. math and common sense questions then there was a long section on people questions

Interview Questions

• why was I leaving my present job, how long had I been there   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL).

Interview

3-5 different people depending on the job being applied for and how many people are able to interview the candidate that designated day. At that time, back in May of 2011, they would have one person come in at a time to ask questions. I had about 4 people interview me, but because they do it one on one, I answered some of the question multiple times (sometimes the same question with each person) because they don't review notes before the next person comes in to interview. I would have much preferred a group/panel interview, but I had gotten the job so I was happy either way. They can greatly improve the interview efficiency.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you failed on a project and what could you have done differently to change the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, I tried to ask for more and they said "no, take it or leave it".

Engineer In Residence Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (DeKalb, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

University got the position in cat and a cat supervisor did a telephone base interview with me about my resume, we were 5 people in final round for the interview, 3 positions were available, also I need to mention 2 of my professors were present in the interview process too but they didn't ask any question and the entire interview handled by the cat supervisor

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous internships   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was good and consists of hr and technical questions. Useful and well-framed interview. Lasts for 30 minutes. It was good and consists of hr and technical questions. Useful and well-framed interview. Lasts for 30 minutes. It was good and consists of hr and technical questions. Useful and well-framed interview. Lasts for 30 minutes.Overall experience was satisfactory

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences, about technical, project details, teamwork.Tell me about your experiences, about technical, project details, teamwork.Tell me about your experiences, about technical, project details, teamwork.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

selection of candidates through 3rd party recruiters and conduct interview. It is taking more than two to three months. Even though the screening process is over, the caterpillar people never communicate e with the candidates. It is not provide the clear details of the positions.

Interview Questions

• provide your social security number   1 Answer

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Joliet, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from an external company. Upon calling them back the position was for a nurse in the Pontiac area for CAT. I spoke at length with the interviewer and answered multiple questions. He had requested my permission for a background check and nursing information. I gave the verbal permission and then he emailed the remainder to my email. I had received the information via email. I filled out the info and emailed back to him.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I found the interview opportunity through my college's career fair. I talked to the lady and had a good impression with her. Right next day I got an email from them inviting me to schedule an interview with them. Before the night of interview, there is like a pre-interview social networking night that a few of the employees from Caterpillar come and talk to you about their experiences. The interview consist of two back to back interview, and they ask a set of similar questions from each person.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that your groupmate doesn't agree on your opinion.   Answer Question

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Stars process, panel of people asked 5-8 questions per person and rate you based on your answers. then they panel got together to provide an overall recommendation to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you where asked to do something you did not agree with? How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through school. Got invited to a meet and greet and interview. All behavioral questions star format. Two half hours interviews with two different people. Interviewers were really nice and were trying to sell you on Peoria.

Interview Questions

They only offered me a position in fall, and I had school.