Caterpillar Interview Questions in Decatur, IL | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Interview Questions in Decatur, IL

3.2

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 people. The hiring manager and 2 others. "Give me an example" type questions. Very long and very serious, many follow up questions and not much to break up the tension. One personal question. I had worked contract for CAT and had emailed the hiring manager my resume as well as applied online. He had spoke to my then current manager about me on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when safety was a large concern in a project.   Answer Question
    • What are the easiest and hardest things you noticed when starting your last new job?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

All questions were situation based. Interviewers were extremely friendly and personable and made me feel very comfortable while going through the process. They ask tough questions, but give you time to think through you answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to get a peer to cooperate.   Answer Question

Scheduling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Dinner the night before the actual interview. Two targeted selection interviews the next day. Questions were from a very prepared script. Seemed to be mostly "positive" type questions with one "negative" type mixed in...

Interview Questions

• "have you ever been in a position where you had to make a major decision...and what did you do?"   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Upon arrival and after viewing the safety video for the location, I met my first interviewer. I was given a tour of the facility and an interview agenda. Then I met with 3 more individuals to be interviewed 1:1 in half hour segments. Then there was another half hour interview and wrap up with 2 more individuals. The interview consisted of discussion about past work experiences and performance with specific examples as well as discussion of what I would like to see myself doing if employed by the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to work on a team and a team member did not carry their weight. How did you deal with the situation and/or the team member?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

easy interview process