Caterpillar Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

About 3 rounds, including 1 telephonic, F2F, HR discussion, it took about 2 weeks, I wasn't sure, that I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Career related questions, aspirations
    what will be different, if they hire me.
    Technical questions
    Scenario based questions
    Managerial questions
    Hr Discussion
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

interviewed by multiple people. was flown in. went through 3 different interviews. all interviews were behavioral. followed by drug screening. a host was provided for the day of interview who picked me up from the airport and after interview, dropped me back at the airport.

Interview Questions

• interview questions were mainly behavioral. questions were based around teamwork, conflict management, problem solving. lot of questions were asked asked based on resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (South Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

STAR BASIS INTERVIEW.
    Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
    Question 2: What are your biggest strengths?
    Question 3: Why did you leave your last job?
    Question 4: What are your career goals?
    Question 5: Why do you want to work here?
    Question 6: What is your greatest weakness?
    Question 7: What do co-workers say about you?
    Question 8: Are you applying for other jobs?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Have to Negotiate to achieve good package. If not you will loose...

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Had one on one with three different managers.one hour of interview with each one of them.Moslty S.T.A.R. Questions. Hiring process is slow.took me almost 3 months before I got an offer. Technical questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2014.

Interview

Met recruiters at a career fair. Was asked to interview next day. Interview was behavioral - answer in the STAR format. Was told if interview went well would have second on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - Asked to answer in STAR format. Give me a situation when...   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

targeted selection process..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Traditional interview process, first round generally with HR or volunteer. 2nd round is with trained interviewers in the group that you are being considered for. Following the STAR or similar method is best to crack the interview, but focus on making a connection with your interviewer. Generally, a host is assigned that will take you around the town, have lunch/dinner with you, and answer questions about the company. Take advantage of that opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, mainly behavioral and culture fit questions, using the Targeted Selection interview and recruiting process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, Wayne, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, Wayne, IA) in March 2013.

Interview

first started out witha phone interview.. then a one on one session. passed both of those.. drug test ,, hired the following week

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Targeted Selection process. Questions from past experience to predict future performance. All questions follow the Situation, Task, Action. And Result format.interviewee needs to get to the point and answer 6 to 8 questions in less than an hour. Then repeat two more times for a total of 3 one hour interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a person that was not pulling his weight. What did you do about it. How did it turn out in the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Telephone conversation with recuiter followed by 3 onsite interviews with different groups. Company arranged by travel schedule, boarding and meals. Someone from the target group was assigned to help with the orientation process. Interview started early and a total of 3 different interviews were conducted with different managers. interview was primarily behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural questions targeted to understand work history, working style such as conflict resolution, team work, etc. Some technical questions based on past experiences were also asked   Answer Question