Caterpillar Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

Had a series of phone interviews that went well. Questions were odd and I have a hard time understanding how they could add value. Tried to hone in and almost prove that I couldn't truly work for 12-14+ hours per day.

Interview Questions

• How many hours of sleep do you get a night?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out through email to set up an interview, and I ended up on a skype interview with 3 Caterpillar employees. Was contacted several weeks after the interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What leadership experience do you have and how have you demonstrated it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Madison, WI).

Interview

Campus interview. Met and talked with a representative at the job fair on campus. Was able to schedule an interview in the next couple days for an engineering intern position.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting and went through the Leadership and Technical Development Program (LTDP) at Caterpillar Inc. You are basically exposed to different business units over the course of 12 - 15 months.

Interview process was fairly easy. On campus, I was asked a bunch of behavioral questions. I was called for an on-site interview which consisted of 3 one hour long interviews. This was mostly about my experience, behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had a conflict with someone and how did you resolve it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met at an on campus career fair, interviewed a few weeks later using the STAR (Situation, task, approach, result) interviewing method, I eventually heard back a few months later that I did not receive an offer

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had a disagreement with a classmate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

About 3 rounds, including 1 telephonic, F2F, HR discussion, it took about 2 weeks, I wasn't sure, that I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Career related questions, aspirations
      what will be different, if they hire me.
      Technical questions
      Scenario based questions
      Managerial questions
      Hr Discussion   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

interviewed by multiple people. was flown in. went through 3 different interviews. all interviews were behavioral. followed by drug screening. a host was provided for the day of interview who picked me up from the airport and after interview, dropped me back at the airport.

Interview Questions

• interview questions were mainly behavioral. questions were based around teamwork, conflict management, problem solving. lot of questions were asked asked based on resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2016.

Interview

Applied during college. Pretty straightforward process. Have a technical question answer followed by a group discussion. Followed by technical interview. The interviewer were cordial and I had a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in South Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (South Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

STAR BASIS INTERVIEW.
    Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
    Question 2: What are your biggest strengths?
    Question 3: Why did you leave your last job?
    Question 4: What are your career goals?
    Question 5: Why do you want to work here?
    Question 6: What is your greatest weakness?
    Question 7: What do co-workers say about you?
    Question 8: Are you applying for other jobs?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Have to Negotiate to achieve good package. If not you will loose...

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Had one on one with three different managers.one hour of interview with each one of them.Moslty S.T.A.R. Questions. Hiring process is slow.took me almost 3 months before I got an offer. Technical questions.