Caterpillar Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process has two phase. First one is over the telephone the , once it is cleared, they call for in person interview. Mostly the question is regarding your past experience and also there will be few technical questions. The panel may have 2 to 3 interviewers. The interview can last for 4 hours. It includes various sessions. Of course you will have a break in between.

Interview Questions

• What are the output of your project?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peterborough, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Normal applicant day...
    There was a group project, followed by an Interview, followed by a presentation and then a factory tour. the interview had two parts, competency and also technical. Technical part was quite hard.

I had to prepare for the presentation on the day and it was based on an engineering project that you had been a part of.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a group project you have been involved in   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by three managers,Drug Test,Lots of paperwork,Three different buildings,Paid interview,Dinner day before, Enjoyed it, Friendly staff, Nice Peoria tour, Prompt results, Very Respectful, I Loved it,Interviewed by three managers,Drug Test,Lots of paperwork,Three different buildings,Paid interview,Dinner day before, Enjoyed it, Friendly staff, Nice Peoria tour, Prompt results, Very Respectful, I Loved it

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Targeted Selection process. Questions from past experience to predict future performance. All questions follow the Situation, Task, Action. And Result format.interviewee needs to get to the point and answer 6 to 8 questions in less than an hour. Then repeat two more times for a total of 3 one hour interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a person that was not pulling his weight. What did you do about it. How did it turn out in the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very professional and behavioral based. Overall interview was ~ 3 hours and some of the questions went in depth to understand the situation at hand and appropriate behavior displayed. Not many technical questions but just enough to understand your strength in fundamentals. Previous experience was greatly valuable. Overall a great experience. I received feedback within a week that I was selected and am going to get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

About 3 rounds, including 1 telephonic, F2F, HR discussion, it took about 2 weeks, I wasn't sure, that I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Career related questions, aspirations
      what will be different, if they hire me.
      Technical questions
      Scenario based questions
      Managerial questions
      Hr Discussion   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Three rounds

1.Written test- 3 sections- a.technical (oops concepts, os, dbms, output type) b.quants c.verbal

2.Group Discussion- They check your confidence and communication skills and also how well u put forth your points

3.Interview- Main focus on projects, basics of all subjects are asked.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gosselies (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Gosselies (Belgium)) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a long time ago. So, my remember are not quite precise. There were different meetings with HR, then with manager from different department, sessions to check your management, communication,... skills and finally with department director.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview; on-site interview; almost all behavioral questions. 3 managers interviewed me one by one, including the hiring manager, and the manager of the manager. I also gave a short presentation about what I did before in that technical area.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2016.

Interview

Standard behaviour based telephonic interview after on-line psychometric test. Mainly about the projects that you were enrolled before with interlaced regular questions. How do you organise yourself? How do yo feel against setbacks?