Caterpillar Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting and went through the Leadership and Technical Development Program (LTDP) at Caterpillar Inc. You are basically exposed to different business units over the course of 12 - 15 months.

Interview process was fairly easy. On campus, I was asked a bunch of behavioral questions. I was called for an on-site interview which consisted of 3 one hour long interviews. This was mostly about my experience, behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had a conflict with someone and how did you resolve it ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met at an on campus career fair, interviewed a few weeks later using the STAR (Situation, task, approach, result) interviewing method, I eventually heard back a few months later that I did not receive an offer

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had a disagreement with a classmate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

About 3 rounds, including 1 telephonic, F2F, HR discussion, it took about 2 weeks, I wasn't sure, that I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Career related questions, aspirations
      what will be different, if they hire me.
      Technical questions
      Scenario based questions
      Managerial questions
      Hr Discussion   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

interviewed by multiple people. was flown in. went through 3 different interviews. all interviews were behavioral. followed by drug screening. a host was provided for the day of interview who picked me up from the airport and after interview, dropped me back at the airport.

Interview Questions

• interview questions were mainly behavioral. questions were based around teamwork, conflict management, problem solving. lot of questions were asked asked based on resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2016.

Interview

Applied during college. Pretty straightforward process. Have a technical question answer followed by a group discussion. Followed by technical interview. The interviewer were cordial and I had a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in South Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (South Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

STAR BASIS INTERVIEW.
    Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
    Question 2: What are your biggest strengths?
    Question 3: Why did you leave your last job?
    Question 4: What are your career goals?
    Question 5: Why do you want to work here?
    Question 6: What is your greatest weakness?
    Question 7: What do co-workers say about you?
    Question 8: Are you applying for other jobs?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Have to Negotiate to achieve good package. If not you will loose...

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Had one on one with three different managers.one hour of interview with each one of them.Moslty S.T.A.R. Questions. Hiring process is slow.took me almost 3 months before I got an offer. Technical questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2014.

Interview

Met recruiters at a career fair. Was asked to interview next day. Interview was behavioral - answer in the STAR format. Was told if interview went well would have second on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - Asked to answer in STAR format. Give me a situation when...   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

targeted selection process..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Traditional interview process, first round generally with HR or volunteer. 2nd round is with trained interviewers in the group that you are being considered for. Following the STAR or similar method is best to crack the interview, but focus on making a connection with your interviewer. Generally, a host is assigned that will take you around the town, have lunch/dinner with you, and answer questions about the company. Take advantage of that opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, mainly behavioral and culture fit questions, using the Targeted Selection interview and recruiting process.   Answer Question