Caterpillar Finance Treasury Interview Questions in Peoria, IL | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Finance Treasury Interview Questions in Peoria, IL

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Met one of the recruiters at a university Career Fair and was told to apply online. Then I was contacted by HR and asked to submit my unofficial transcript and then scheduled a phone interview with the Director of the Finance Treasury department. The phone interview went really well, basic behavioral questions and why Caterpillar. After a few days, was invited to the Corporate HQ for the second round interviews. CAT paid for my hotel and was taken out for dinner by a Caterpillar host who worked in Finance Treasury. Dinner was casual dress; I over dressed. Basic interview schedule: Breakfast w/ host, then presentation on my resume with the host and 3 Caterpillar interviewers who work in Finance Treasury. Basic introductions and some discussion and from there we would split off into 1:1 interviews, with breaks in between. Drug test and then lunch and a facility tour. The interview would be wrapped up with the Director. Interview process started at 7:30 am and ended at 2:30 pm. Have really good examples and focus on what you bring to the table. Technical skills in Corporate Finance is a big one. Show you know and understand Corporate Finance. Interviews were very nice and accommodating; it was a very relaxed interview. Some interviewers would even help word your answer for you. Reading up on Targeted Selection, really helped, but they do go over the interview questions with you and definitely take your time responding.

Interview Questions

• Covered topics: Building Partnerships, Customer Focus, Decision Making, Effective Communication, Focus on Quality, Initiating Action, Managing Conflict, Project Leadership, Technical / Professional Knowledge, and Working Together   Answer Question
  • Why Caterpillar?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time where you demonstrated your technical skills (in corporate finance).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Finance Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Put my resume on Caterpillars site and they scheduled a phone interview with me. It was the standard behavioral questions interview. They will let me know if i make it to the next round in a wekk. If I make it they will fly me to Peoria and I will have three more 1;1 interviews.

Interview Questions