Caterpillar Global Mining Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.3

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (South Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I spent all day (8am-3pm) at the plant taking a test, getting interviewed by a panel of people, took a tour of the plant, more interview questions and all this without being given a break! Perhaps that was part of the test to see how much I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• What is this unlabeled electronic schematic doing?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (New York, NY).

Interview

5 rounds of interview and one HR. First two round are technical rounds was more abt data structure and algorithms and 3 managers round followed by HR round. First round was written round and second about how you approached the first

Manufacturing Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very swift and effective. First a telephone screening with questions regarding my background an experience. Why do I want to join Caterpillar. Do I like to work in a challenging work environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy to manage. I had a couple of questions which were answered very quick and satisfactory.

Design Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (Sherman, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked questions that may or may not be job related. Asked questions that the answers would make you look bad however you answered. Was mislead as to the minimum skills and was told that the position was filled the afternoon I interviewed for the job via email 15mins after the interview was over!

Interview Questions

• If given an assignment by your supervisor and was told to do this assignment incorrectly by your supervisor would you do the assignment or refuse and point it out to your supervisor.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interview composed of three steps, with three different individuals investigating a persons's background. It lasted a few hours. Before the interview I did receive all pertinent information on how it would be conducted, who would have interviewed me, and in which order, including the title of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• None, mostly what you can read on magazines. They wanted the use of the STAR system.   1 Answer

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (Decatur, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

had 2 interviews and was also giving a skill test and explain my Military duties as a 92a Material and supply specialist and was ask about my past jobs I

Negotiation

no your worth

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Pretty basic interviews at the time of hire.

Safety/Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (South Milwaukee, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process was relaxed and very true to the actual position, read my resume thoroughly and asked questions of position relevance. Felt very confident the position would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• work instruction experience, writing quality procedures, and FMEAs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated my salary and was approved immediately .

Supplier Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pulaski, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (Pulaski, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Situation descriptions, they presume you can do the work, or you would not be there. They want examples of how you deal with situations, conflicts and associates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you feel like you failed, what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer was more than I was planning on asking for.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar Global Mining (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

Cat uses a situational interview process, they want you to use past experiences to understand your skill set and personality. Focus on clearing explaining the situation, and how you participated, your action in the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were confronted with a challenge & how you overcame it?   Answer Question