Caterpillar Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Athens, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to the company at University Career Fair and then interviewed on campus. Interview was very behavioral like situation questions. Two 45 minutes interviews, both behavioral based. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted early summer to set up an interview date. Interviewed on the phone with 2 managers (2 back to back 30 min interviews). They used STAR based system, which was well explained by the recruiter when setting up the interview time as well as by the first interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly leadership questions, with one semi-technical question: How do you approach designing something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Ames, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 2 part interview process. It included mostly behavioral questions guaging how well you could work in a team. They were very nice and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an unruly customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Corporate Accounting Intern - initial online application, and then two interviews with the person i was going to work under and then the controller, and then about a week later, an offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an hour total interview process. One 30 minute session with an employee, and then another 30 minute session with two employees. It was a very personal interview. All questions are STAR and based on experiences and how you handled them. The interviews were very nice and understanding if you had to stop and think a little bit about your answers. They also pause to write down your answers, so do not be discouraged if there are little awkward pauses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you had to make based on a small problem that could've potentially turned into a much bigger problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2016.

Interview

Straightforward behavioral questions that are meant to emphasize your problem solving and conflict resolution abilities. They also examine how you react to failure or mistakes. Afterwards they open it up to any questions that you may have for them or to talk about something that maybe wasn't on your resume. The recruiters I met were incredibly friendly and I felt relatively relaxed during my interview thanks to that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision too hastily and what the implications were.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Two 30 minute phone interviews all behavioral based. The interviewers did a good job making sure that I was comfortable and explaining what the specific questions were targeting. Once they were done asking questions they were very open to answering any questions that I had. The recruiter contacted me later that day to let me know that I was going to receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have failed and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

The interview was a S.T.A.R. format. It was two separate back-to-back interviews with two separate people. The interview questions tended to be very specifically worded, so you must be ready to respond to exactly what they say. The consecutive interviews tended to weed out the weaker candidates from the stronger ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a time you didn't succeed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

2 person panel, STARS format. Be prepared with examples from life experiences, school, and previous work experiences. Feel free to take a minute to compose your thoughts, or ask the interviewer to repeat the question. Fun tour at the end, wear walking shoes!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with difficult team members, how did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's an internship, no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2015.

Interview

1 hour long interview split up into two 30 min segments with different pairs of employees. Nice recruiters and very friendly. However, I was told I would receive a call back or email after 2 weeks and never heard back even after countless emails.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question