Caterpillar Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.3

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Iowa City, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview and it was all behavioral and they use STAR. It was two separate interviews with two employers each lasting 30 minutes.
Its good to prepare for the interview by understanding how to answer the questions using STAR and preparing behavioral question responses.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite and least favorite class and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

The whole interview was star based questions most of which are the basic "tell me about a time when.." The interviewer was kind and specified that I was aloud to take moment to think about questions before I answered. The interview was an hour long. Half an hour was spent with one interviewer and the other half with other.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your job description.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2014.

Interview

Interview took place shortly after school career fair. Offer was given the next day. No need to dress super professional, just need stuff in your head. Questions were mostly behavioral. I could tell from their questions they wanted leaders, people who are motivated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked above and below par. And why did this happen?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Ames, IA) in September 2013.

Interview

STAR method. 2 Interviewers. They asked questions pertaining to group work and leadership. They also asked how I would handle conflict in the work place. Other than that I asked questions and we had a normal conversation.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Sent resume by email, got an interview offer on-site

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you work as a team and other team member did not agree about your idea. What did you do to convince them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

There are only behavioral questions in the interview. When have you gone beyond the call of duty? Tell me a time when you were a leader? Tell me about a time where you had somebody difficult to work with in a group and how did you handle the situation? Pretty basic/expected stuff. Having hands on experience and or design experience would definitely help to get this internship.

Interview Questions

• They are all behavior based. If you look up behavioral questions online you should be fine as long as you prepare.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It was an on campus recruitment. It consisted of a written test , then gd then interview.
    In electronics side, in written exam technical question consisted of ques from C, C++, OOPS, DL, analog, then a quants section and verbal section. Verbal was quite tough. GD topic was safety and innovation in technology.

Interview Questions

• they gave me an expression and asked me to implement it using flip flop.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview questions. e.g. working in a group, dealing with conflict

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate was non-negotiable