Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

207 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ERDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Clayton, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 3 engineers. They did a STAR based interview. They were very nice and asked enough questions to last 1.5 hours. All of the questions were tell me a time when...

Interview Questions

• What is one misconception other people might have about you?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Applied via univierity job board. Met with them at career fair. Recieved a call for an on campus interview the following week. 30 minute interview with an accoutning manager

Interview Questions

• Favorite/Least Favorite class
      Good decision you made recently
      A time you showed initiative   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Began with me giving an overview of my resume and then went into seven, STAR behavioral questions. Ended with question session. Lasted 50 minutes. They said I would hear back from HR in one week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to influence or motivate someone in the past?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you had to gather technical knowledge you needed to complete an assignment?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when have you went above and beyond in a course?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when did you had to collaboratively work with a team?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Iowa City, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview and it was all behavioral and they use STAR. It was two separate interviews with two employers each lasting 30 minutes.
    Its good to prepare for the interview by understanding how to answer the questions using STAR and preparing behavioral question responses.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite and least favorite class and why?   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about a month later to set up a phone interview. All behavioral interview questions. The interviewer was very nice and professional. I liked her but unfortunately I was not prepared for that type of interview questions. I was very busy with my classes. If you prepare well for behavioral questions about team members, leadership ect , you will get a second round..

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co worker and how did you handle that. Tell me about a time you did not agree with a team member etc..   Answer Question

Quality Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Athens, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Long interview asked several questions about your character and how you handle problems that occur without help from your supervisor. Two interview stages. One panel interview and one with direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you solved a problem on the job without calling the supervisor   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Interview process was intense. They have a qualifier exam, however most of the questions do not make sense. No personal questions are asked, which is fair... however the questions are not related to anything.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take you to solve a very challenging issue?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I used to admire this awful company since I grew up in Peoria. But after being jerked around more times than I can count by this company and their interviewing process, I now know better.

The first interview was for a full-time position at their corporate headquarters and was an all-day interview. I was fresh out of grad school, and my dad bought me some nice interview clothes. I jumped through all their hoops and was told that I had passed and would here from them soon. Several months and lots of chasing later, they finally told me they didn't have a job at all and probably never would.

Another interview was for a contract position. I showed up and was nervous and had trouble remembering the person I was going to meet with. A cocky, mumbling guy (you know the type) made fun of me and made me look like an idiot.

Interview didn't go well. I was told I was too "low key" and that I didn't want the job.

There were a couple more, both contract jobs. One was a terrible help desk job that paid little and required unpaid overtime, which they justified by claiming it would help avoid burnout (really? How do you figure?). The other interview went ok, but as with the other job I had to nag the hell out of them to get them to tell me they weren't interested.

I gave up entirely on the company (they own Peoria, basically) and eventually relocated to Chicago. You can imagine how unexcited I was when I heard they were moving their headquarters to a town 15 miles away from me. I hope they go bankrupt.

Belcan Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Caterpillar (East Peoria, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Belcan recruiter. Belcan managed the interview for me. Applying for the position, getting interview date, interview took approximately 3 weeks. It was a phone interview. Hiring manager(Engineering Supervisor), team lead took the interview. I was contacted again by the Belcan recruiter to notify me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral question like how would you ensure best result or minimize error, how would handle extra pressure from customers, problem with co-worker etc. Team lead asked few technical questions like difference between emi receivers, spectrum analyzer, RF amplifier.   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Brooklyn Park, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

no initial phone interview, I was called to setup an on site interview out of the blue. The process only involved an onsite interview. Interviewed with 3 employees for an hour and half who only asked STAR behavioral questions. Probably went through about 20 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were able to have success or find a solution when others could not.   Answer Question