Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

638 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to provide answers in the STAR format. Situation, Task, Assessment, Resolution.
    If you do not fully answer in the STAR format, they will give follow up questions . They allowed ample time for thought and consideration

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have quality checks in your daily work   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

It was very straightforward. It was back to back 30-minute interviews with 2 different individuals in technical marketing. I researched the company and was able to speak on current events. Their business is changing and they are looking for employees who share their vision of change and who want to make the world a better place. Seeing the big picture of building a bigger world is essential and if you can tie your experience to their vision you will stand out. Also, don't bring up current financial position.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about a month later to set up a phone interview. All behavioral interview questions. The interviewer was very nice and professional. I liked her but unfortunately I was not prepared for that type of interview questions. I was very busy with my classes. If you prepare well for behavioral questions about team members, leadership ect , you will get a second round..

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co worker and how did you handle that. Tell me about a time you did not agree with a team member etc..   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Interview process was intense. They have a qualifier exam, however most of the questions do not make sense. No personal questions are asked, which is fair... however the questions are not related to anything.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take you to solve a very challenging issue?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I used to admire this awful company since I grew up in Peoria. But after being jerked around more times than I can count by this company and their interviewing process, I now know better.

The first interview was for a full-time position at their corporate headquarters and was an all-day interview. I was fresh out of grad school, and my dad bought me some nice interview clothes. I jumped through all their hoops and was told that I had passed and would here from them soon. Several months and lots of chasing later, they finally told me they didn't have a job at all and probably never would.

Another interview was for a contract position. I showed up and was nervous and had trouble remembering the person I was going to meet with. A cocky, mumbling guy (you know the type) made fun of me and made me look like an idiot.

Interview didn't go well. I was told I was too "low key" and that I didn't want the job.

There were a couple more, both contract jobs. One was a terrible help desk job that paid little and required unpaid overtime, which they justified by claiming it would help avoid burnout (really? How do you figure?). The other interview went ok, but as with the other job I had to nag the hell out of them to get them to tell me they weren't interested.

I gave up entirely on the company (they own Peoria, basically) and eventually relocated to Chicago. You can imagine how unexcited I was when I heard they were moving their headquarters to a town 15 miles away from me. I hope they go bankrupt.

Belcan Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Caterpillar (East Peoria, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Belcan recruiter. Belcan managed the interview for me. Applying for the position, getting interview date, interview took approximately 3 weeks. It was a phone interview. Hiring manager(Engineering Supervisor), team lead took the interview. I was contacted again by the Belcan recruiter to notify me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral question like how would you ensure best result or minimize error, how would handle extra pressure from customers, problem with co-worker etc. Team lead asked few technical questions like difference between emi receivers, spectrum analyzer, RF amplifier.   Answer Question

Sumer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Followed the STAR engineering interview process for each question. Fairly simple, straight forward. One question was related directly to what we would be partaking in at the company over the summer, so expect a job-related situational question.

Interview Questions

• You will be interacting with employees on the shop floor. What would you do if you receive a standoffish response from an employee?   Answer Question

Parts Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

They strictly use the STAR interview system. Pretty standard situational questions that they want answered with a real situation you have been involved with. Not difficult but just take some notes of some different work situations you have been involved in.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

back to back interview that took an hour in total. Very nice and professional HR people. I got the offer after 2 weeks through email and phone confirmation. I got another offer from a nice company so declined CAT. But definitely would recommend CAT.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you handled conflicts with teammates   Answer Question

Senior Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Caterpillar uses a Targeted selection process for all of the staff and supervisor positions, which will result in you participating in three interviews, where you will be asked a number of questions related to the key characteristics required for the job. The key is to know your career/personal life well enough to respond to the questions using the SMART methodology. Your answers should be specific, measurable, describing your specific actions, with results, and any relevant indicators of time.

They will typically only interview 2-4 candidates for any job, so if you get a call for an interview at Caterpillar, you can assume that you are in the final 3-4 of candidates. Typically the interviews are done within a 2-3 week period of time, and most decisions are made within 1 week following the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to manage multiple tasks   1 Answer