Caterpillar Subject Matter Expert/Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Subject Matter Expert/Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Caterpillar

1 Interview Review

Subject Matter Expert/Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by my supervisor who hired me. It was contracting job. I had just finished my MS in Mechanical engineering from US. Asked me in brief about what I did as my MS thesis. My MS thesis was on the same topic as of my supervisor's PhD topic, so we had fun talking about it. Little bit technical about the job I am going to do, then asked why I did switch jobs in past, asked if I have faced any clients before. Then main manager arrived to interview me who just patiently listened to what I said. The manager was good listener and told about the growth of the company. Good interview. They both made me feel very relaxed and I could give interview very well, it lasted for 45 minutes. I left happily. Next day, I received a call with offer.

Interview Questions

• Did u ever face client? The job I was interviewed for never involved any client communications.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was contractor, so did not negotiate and I received good offer.