Caterpillar Senior Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Senior Research Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

50minutes interview, traditional STAR formation. The hiring manager also asked about my past experience. Not too many technical questions though. I think they are more willing to take team players.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you learned a new skill and applied it later   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2013.

Interview

A targeted selection interview process was used. This is a behavior based process that assumed past performance indicates future performance. The process required the interviewee to tell a specific story about things they did. The interview is split into several competencies such as technical ability, teamwork, problem solving, conflict resolution, etc. There are 1 or 2 questions on each competency area. The interviewers need 3 pieces of information from each story: the situation or task, the action you took, and the results.

Senior Research & Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

My interview is not very typical in Caterpillar. I have to go through 6-sigma target selection process. It consist of 3-4 interview, group presentation, and 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a scenario that you encountered difficulties and how are you going about solving the problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.