Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview consists of HR and technical rounds.In Technical round questions came from IC engines.Phenomena of knocking was asked to describe and questions like "what happens when diesel is put into a petrol engine?' were asked.The technical questions were pretty easy.,Hr questions were primarily to test reaction under pressure.Many questions asked were standard like "What are your strengths and weaknesses?' and "Tell me about yourself?"

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you come to know that your boss is working against the company given that you have maintained to be obedient with him ?'"   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Applied on-line, received call from HR couple of days after applying. As usual HR questions & she advised calling me back with line managers approval, she called to schedule interview. Star Method Interview

Apqp Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Interview was relaxed. More of a conversation than a process. They asked of experience and appreciated honest answers.

Interview Questions

• How does your current job relate to APQP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick. They called me 45 min after the interview. I got more money than I expected.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Met with one of the engineering supervisors for caterpillar. It was a one on one interview and it consisted of experience in the field kind of questions.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

interview was done in person

Interview Questions

• what is your most and least favorite subject in school   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview questions. e.g. working in a group, dealing with conflict

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate was non-negotiable

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Applied through campus career services and received an on-campus interview. Consisted of two 30-minute interviews. The interviews were all very typical behavioral questions. Nothing hard or supring about it, just the typical "tell me about a time you ....". The interviewers vere very nice. Even though I did not get an offer I received a call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you attempted to accomplish something and failed.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

I talked to someone at the career fair. They later emailed me saying that they wanted to interview me.

There were two interviews back to back. Both were 30 minutes long. Two really nice guys who asked just about all behavioral questions. They asked three questions at a time, and you got to pick which one you wanted to answer. That made it really easy.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to just talk about yourself. They may ask you to just talk about yourself   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

First Interview in campus, second was in Peoria, three different interviews with three different people. It was some time ago, so I don't quite remember well. They also took us on a tour in one of their manufacturing facility as far as I remember.

Interview Questions

• I don't wanna give a wrong question, since this was some time ago.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

I had two 1:1 interviews. Questions were all behavioral.