Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Penn State University, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. It takes one hour and it goes for the whole time. Heard it would take two months to hear back, but heard back in less than a month

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview. Lots of "tell me about a time..." questions. Interviewer was transcribing answers onto paper with STAR format, so important to articulate each part of answer. (Situation, Task, Action, Result) Interviewer also gave “lifeline” where if you did not like the question asked, they would give you another one in the same category.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you when you came up with an innovative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had this campus interview at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Very straight forward questions related to leadership and your work ethic. The Interview has very little eye contact because they take notes of your answers.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome some of your challenging projects?   Answer Question

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is structured. Three long interview starting with resume review for an hour followed by three different behavioral interview questions by three different people for an hour. After that you will wait for at least two weeks to get the interview results, which is just either pass or fail

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you have contributed or made an innovative process or any kind of innovation currently or the past at your work place?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in November 2016.

Interview

It wasn't anything too hard and this was for their site in Illinois. The whole process took around a month. An hour phone interview with two people who were very pleasant and easy-going. You have to follow the STAR format. All the questions were based on experiences I had and how I handled them. Don't get discouraged if they don't answer or say anything right away, they like to take notes and make sure they have everything down. They took back the offer they made to me because my overall GPA wasn't a 3.0 even though my major GPA was very high, which was reasonable in my opinion. Make sure all that is in order before applying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Corporate Accounting Intern - initial online application, and then two interviews with the person i was going to work under and then the controller, and then about a week later, an offer was made.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Phone interview then invited in for a STAR Interview with 3 managers. They went around the table and asked their questions and you gave your answer in the form of a STAR. They said it would be a couple days before they made an offer and once offer was made it was the drug and background check stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a customer not happy. What was the reason why and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

They try to talk more about your work experience. It could be a panel interview or a one on one interview. But they try to test your skill set, competencies.

Entry Level Accountant Interview

Interview

All behavioral interview questions. The interviewer will ask you a series of behavioral questions. While you are answering, they will take notes. Overall, the interviewers are pretty nice, and will instruct you when you don't get the questions.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you offered a solution to a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an hour total interview process. One 30 minute session with an employee, and then another 30 minute session with two employees. It was a very personal interview. All questions are STAR and based on experiences and how you handled them. The interviews were very nice and understanding if you had to stop and think a little bit about your answers. They also pause to write down your answers, so do not be discouraged if there are little awkward pauses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you had to make based on a small problem that could've potentially turned into a much bigger problem?   Answer Question