Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Offered an interview from an interaction at a booth on campus. Interviewed on campus the day after career fair. Two half-hour interviews back to back-all STAR format questions. The employers were very friendly and easygoing. One week later, they emailed with an offer.

Interview Questions

• STAR response- describe a time you failed at something. How did you feel and how did you respond?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Began with me giving an overview of my resume and then went into seven, STAR behavioral questions. Ended with question session. Lasted 50 minutes. They said I would hear back from HR in one week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to influence or motivate someone in the past?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you had to gather technical knowledge you needed to complete an assignment?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when have you went above and beyond in a course?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when did you had to collaboratively work with a team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview for an hour. Pretty standard questions. A lot of the questions were about teamwork and your contributions. Interview was over skype with two interviewers, one taking notes most of the time

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you offered your expertise to someone else   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an interview from my college's career fair. This interview was with one product manager and all behavioral/STAR questions. After the first interview, I received a second interview which was onsite at CAT's CV building. The second interview was three different interviews with product managers in 45 min - 1 hour blocks. CAT brought in 15 students to interview during the same time. These interviews also followed the STAR format. After the interviews, we ate lunch and were given a tour of the Tech Center.

Interview Questions

• STAR question format, i.e. Describe a time you used your creativity and thought of something unique and outside of the box.   Answer Question

Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Lengthy steps multiple interviews survey questions online training courses drug test. Very nice and helpful. The security check takes over 30 minutes to get in to the building. The drug test was an odd process after being offered the job. They were very interested from the minute I walked in. It was a good experience never had such a free flowing interview

Interns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Athens, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to the company at University Career Fair and then interviewed on campus. Interview was very behavioral like situation questions. Two 45 minutes interviews, both behavioral based. Very friendly environment.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Iowa City, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview and it was all behavioral and they use STAR. It was two separate interviews with two employers each lasting 30 minutes.
    Its good to prepare for the interview by understanding how to answer the questions using STAR and preparing behavioral question responses.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite and least favorite class and why?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

The whole interview was star based questions most of which are the basic "tell me about a time when.." The interviewer was kind and specified that I was aloud to take moment to think about questions before I answered. The interview was an hour long. Half an hour was spent with one interviewer and the other half with other.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your job description.   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Iowa City, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

A very involved process, applied at my school's career fair, and interviewed the next day. I heard back within a week. The interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you took initiative in a group project   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to provide answers in the STAR format. Situation, Task, Assessment, Resolution.
    If you do not fully answer in the STAR format, they will give follow up questions . They allowed ample time for thought and consideration

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have quality checks in your daily work   Answer Question