Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

First got a call from HR and did a phone interview. Then a panel interview with three managers was scheduled. About 80% of the questions were behavioral questions rather than technical. Each manager interviews for an hour and takes notes. Then they sit down and grade each interviewee and make the selection based on the number of points each candidate receives.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses/strengths?
      Give me an example of when a coworker was not delivering work on time and what you did?
      What's your best accomplishment in life or your previous work?
      What do you do when you get frustrated at work?
      Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

The beginning of the process started with a phone screening interview with a member of Human Resources. Later the process moved on to multiple interviews using the STAR Method. Three individual formal interviews with various members of the hiring department. The process finished with an informal interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have chose between two priorities at one time.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Allentown, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

good followup and typical interview process. They asked about my history at current company and work experiences. Also, worked with a recruiter who was the go between for interview setup and preparation.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you have managed an underperforming supervisor   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Caterpillar follows the STAR format when interviewing possible internship candidates. The interviewers base your future potential on your past actions. So when they ask you a question, describe the SCENARIO, then explain your TASK - what you hoped to address in that situation. Then describe your specific ACTIONS and how you combatted an issue. Finally, describe the RESULTS of your actions. They LOVE quantitative results. Since I am not close to Peoria, my interview was an hour-long phone interview. They were super nice and conversational during the process. After my interview, I received a call a week later with an internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Q. Can you tell us of a time that you really helped a customer?
      Q. Can you tell us of a time that you created a new idea to help out your team?
      Answer Question

Masker Interview

Interview

No interview just offered me the job for 6 months and I took the opportunity to learn a new job to add to my resume and it worked out good for me I really appreciate it

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

All Behavioral. Probably initial telephone screen with one interviewer. Come on site and then interview with a panel of 3 interviewers. Others say that they had three individual interviews instead of a panel. Basically the same type questions but asked by different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not agree with a decision that you had to make as a team   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not challenge but others have with no issue

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

interviewed by multiple people. was flown in. went through 3 different interviews. all interviews were behavioral. followed by drug screening. a host was provided for the day of interview who picked me up from the airport and after interview, dropped me back at the airport.

Interview Questions

• interview questions were mainly behavioral. questions were based around teamwork, conflict management, problem solving. lot of questions were asked asked based on resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

The interview was a S.T.A.R. format. It was two separate back-to-back interviews with two separate people. The interview questions tended to be very specifically worded, so you must be ready to respond to exactly what they say. The consecutive interviews tended to weed out the weaker candidates from the stronger ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a time you didn't succeed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

2 person panel, STARS format. Be prepared with examples from life experiences, school, and previous work experiences. Feel free to take a minute to compose your thoughts, or ask the interviewer to repeat the question. Fun tour at the end, wear walking shoes!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with difficult team members, how did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's an internship, no negotiation.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an interview at my college campus then I was invited for an on-site interview in Peoria. The interview on campus was all behavioral questions in the STAR format. It was fairly simple.