Caterpillar Inventory Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

3.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 people asking questions. All in the STAR format. Situation Task Action Result. What they really want to hear is your specific actions that lead to the result from the situation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Caterpillar uses the STAR approach. Situation Task Action Result. Every question you must answer with these 4 items to score highly for them. The main focus is on motivational fit, behavioral, key decision making and customer focus. They have 3 interviews and each have different questions to try to get different answers to learn how well a person does in different situations.

Interview Questions

• Continuous improvement
      1.We've all had occasions when we were working on something and overlooked a detail. Give me an
      example of when this happened to you. What was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Morton, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was conducted on college campus (30 minutes). I passed that process and was invited in-house to interview. The in-house process was 3 separate 1 hour interviews with 3 different interviewers. I had not been gone from the Caterpillar office but 1 hour, when I got a phone call from the recruiter with a verbal offer. The written offer showed up in my inbox the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and the group was suffering. What did you to attempt to keep the group on task? What was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I accepted the offer as I was really excited about working at Caterpillar.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds after pre-screening interview. Each Round the interviewer had a set of questionaire based on how I was able to handle different situations and what was the toughest thing I had to face and how I solved it.What made you think you have improved your self professionally?
    What was your greatest achievement? Many scenario based questions

Interview Questions

• What was the toughest thing you handled at your work place?   Answer Question