Caterpillar Logistics Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Logistics Services Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2017

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services (Clayton, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a relaxed but professional manner. There were two supervisors from different departments that were present for the interview. General questions about my background and how it could be applied to the facility. Basic knowledge questions followed by more facility related scenarios.

Interview Questions

• In a given situation where an associate had no familiarity with a procedure, what would I do in this situation.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services (Waco, TX).

Interview

You have to take a test first which takes about an hour, then after that you will have to do two face to face interviews and maybe a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you believe are the most important skills to have as a manager?   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was about an hour long with around 10 behavioral questions about different situations. It was a panel of three people. Just know the company's values and try to find situations you've been in that relate to those values. They are looking for well rounded people who have strong leadership skills and that are ambitious and motivated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a safety hazard and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interview

Went to career fair and met with a representative. They asked me of my interest and then told me about the company. Told me to apply online and they would contact me for an on campus interview. Got an interview the next day. Intervies is STAR formatted. Got offer 2 days later

Logistics Planner Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interview

The company prefers to hire temporary and you will have to post to hire in order to get a full time position. The interview is usually by the manager in the area/department you desire to work.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interview

Interviewed at the end of my internship. Standard behavioral interviews looking for "STAR" (Situation/ task/ action/ result). Had issues getting an offer because I had applied to other divisions within Caterpillar- my application got stuck in "limbo". Luckily I had a contact who already worked at Cat who asked and got the ball rolling.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions- both positive and negative behavioral ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- all standard benefits and such. Asked for an extension to decide, but that was all.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interview

The CAT interviews are expected to be answered in the S.T.A.R. format. Your first interview will consist of 2-3 supervisors. To begin with, the hiring supervisor will go over the requirements for the job. Next, the supervisors in attendance will ask you to talk a bit about yourself and may ask questions regarding your resume. Finally, each supervisor will begin to ask you behavioral interview questions which need to be answered in the S.T.A.R. method.

Interview Questions

• We have all felt stress in our work lives. Tell me about work-related situations that cause stress for you. How do you typically handle such stress?   Answer Question

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services (Morton, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Contract position only hired through staffing agency. Hiring manager decides to set up interview then done. the interview lasts about an hour and consists mostly of a business psych test and an excel test. Then you wait.

Interview Questions

• The excel test was truly unexpected so caught me off guard but other than that it was basic.   Answer Question

Supplemental Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services (Peoria, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Outside agency hired us there wasn't an interview process. Then once you start working you can be moved to different facilities around Peoria once they start cutting the workforce and laying off people.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 2nd or 3rd shift?   1 Answer

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services (Peoria, IL).

Interview

They took forever to contact me and make travel arrangements for my final rounds. Once there everyone seems nice and make you feel like they want to hire you so they tell you that your doing a great job even during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you ensured that safety procedures were being followed.   Answer Question