Caterpillar Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2016

2.9

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Targeted selection that was experienced based questions by three interviewers. STAR type questioning. Get ready by having having a lot of stories from your past ready and memorized prior to the actual interview. The better story teller you are, the better the interview you will have.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a difficult co worker that you needed to get their buy-in for a project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview process was different than the normal one. Caterpillar came on my campus during Career Fair and I happened to accidentally sit next to a recruiter. Once I realized it was a recruiter, I started talking and it went from there. He asked for my resume and took it with him. The next day, I get a call for an interview. I had 2 people interview me at the same time and it was all behavioral questions.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2015.

Interview

In person on campus interview. After talking with the other interns, I found some interviews were 1 on 1, but a had 2 recruiters. It took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• They used a STAR (Situation, Task, Action, and Results) question format.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

I talked to a rep at a career fair and she told me to apply online. After applying online, I heard back in a couple weeks and had an in person interview. I was interviewed by two people for a half hour each. After another couple weeks, they called me to tell me that they are pursuing other options.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Lafayette, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

STAR type interview. Most questions are based on behavioral and how you act around a group or team. They really want to see what your personality is like. No technical questions. Previous experience helps when answering the situational questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhinelander, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Rhinelander, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

Went with the basic S.T.A.R method. That was the initial interview when arrived at the facility. All questions needed to be answered with S.T.A.R method. Rather impersonal and only worried about your supposed "skills" to answer the questions. It felt more one dimensional than anything.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied, got called for interview at Peoria. The hiring is done through HR and the manager then was very enthusiastic.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2013.

Interview

Nice interview. Met three people, hiring manager, another team member and HR manager. Had about 1 hour with each person. Mostly STAR questions. Had a tour of the facility. It was a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I first received a phone call and after that received an invitation for an in person interview. The interviews were in the STAR format. I had interviews with 3 people in 1 afternoon

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Normal, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Single phone interview due to my remote location. Interviewed by two people. Both were very knowledgeable and understood the job requirements. Described the responsibilities and expectations of the position accurately. Spent time discussing how I would interact with the project team and asked for examples of my presentation and training skills and background. Asked questions that were directly related to my ability to execute the technical portion of the job.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any. All questions were directly related to the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal once it was determined that I fit the requirements. This was a contract position. Negotiation was focused on the minimum acceptable to close the deal for both parties.