Caterpillar Metallurgical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Metallurgical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2014.

Interview

The Interview Process was a on campus interview when I was in Champaign. I learned alot from interviewing for this company. For example, I needed to learn how to prepare by studying some potential behavioral questions. Thus, the process is First an On-Campus Interview and then an on-site interview for a second round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Consisted of talking to a representative at a college career fair, then was asked to apply online.

Was called back to interviews. Interviews consisted of two, 30 minute sessions of interview questions. Interview questions involved behavioral questions (Give me an example of a time where someone wasn't doing their part, Give me a time where you gave a new innovative idea, Give me a time where your "customer" wasn't satisfied with you and how did you go about it)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where your "customer" was not satisfied, and how did you go about it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where people were reluctant to follow your idea   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

On campus interview followed by site visit with three 1-on-1 interviews. All behavioral based with different managers. Followed by a drug test, presentation by the program (LTDP-metallurgical) manager and a tour of one of the assembly plants. Offer was extended on Monday following a Friday interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral types: tell me about a time when...? Leadership, problem solving focused mostly.   Answer Question

Haven't declined yet, but planning on accepting an offer in a different field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (East Peoria, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I despise the CAT interview process. They require you to go out to dinner the night before the interview to grill you about your personal life ad nauseam. I clearly marked on the online application that I could not do greater than 25% travel, and they informed me AT THE PLANT on the day of the interview that the actual travel requirement for the job is 50%. Eat dirt.