Caterpillar Interview Questions in Mossville, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.9

Configurator Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel of three managers taking turns asking questions that need examples. About 5 minutes of talk about you in the beginning. They asked me to summarize my experience. And about 5 minutes at the end to just chat and get a idea of my personality. It was exactly one hour and somehow was behind me. Kind of got cut short. You get the feeling that they hate the questions they are asking, but they have to ask them. The answers are still important.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you overcame difficulty with a fellow employee.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond the job duty.   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized? Give an example of a time when this paid off.   Answer Question

Advanced Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

interview with a group of three people in three different departments that you would be working with. Interview in STAR format so responses must be specific and detailed. Asked to show what you did in previous positions held and how it directly applies to how you would be successful in this role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were overwhelmed at work and how did you overcome this to still remain successful?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL).

Interview

Interview was at mossville,IL. 3 people interviewed me for 1 hour.It includes technical and managerial questions.It as easy and basic questions were asked as it is an entry level position.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Five interviews back to back on same day
    3 one hour interviews with three different managers all 3 were 1 to 1 and an hour long each.
    Two 30 minutes interview with 2 different team leads.
    With managers all were behavioral questions and they were accepting me to answer in STAR.
    Situation - background
    Task or Target - specifics of what's required
    Action - what you did, skills used
    Result - what happened?

Engineer - Test/Validation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview followed STAR format. You'll be asked an open ended question and expected to include in your answer Situation, Task, Action, Resolution or near enough so that the interviewer can take the appropriate notes. This is the standard interview format for CAT.

There were three separate one hour interviews done back to back to back. Many of the questions are vague and similar or I ended up answering different questions similarly. It's ok to reuse stories for different interviewers, but don't change the story. They will compare notes afterwards and that'll make you look untrustworthy.

Best way to prepare is to look up sample questions and come up with some stories. I don't think they asked me any of the sample questions I prepared for, but I had stories ready to go. The worst thing you could is not have an answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a coworker.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when the task you were given had unexpected challenges.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was formally given 11 days after the interview. You are allowed to negotiate, however as I countered, I was given the impression that there would not be a much higher off than the one given. Regardless, they bump it up slightly and added a healthy sign on bonus when I requested it.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Met briefly with supervisor to discuss opportunity he had posted on internal job posting site. We discussed his current team and how I might fit in and I then applied for the opportunity

Interview Questions

• How could I bring value to the existing team and not upset the balance of how the team function   1 Answer

Powertrain - Lab Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the Powertrain division manager first, then went over resume with both him and another manager from the division. After the briefing, we looked through the lab and I was quizzed on things I ought to know for the job. Lots of exposure to where I would work and letting me know what I'd need to do

Interview Questions

• How would you get rotation speed data on a gear shaft?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It is v good.3 people interviewed me for about 1 hour.Showed me my work desk and location,took me to cafeteria,had some cool conversation.Mostly about the previous projects and work experience.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Formal, ask questions related to my resume. Was more formal then technical. I am through a staffing agency. Agency did ask me more then caterpillar. over all interview process was simple , focused on the product and the task needed to perform to fulfill the job duties.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations carrier wise ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as its a contracting position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The Managers that interviewed me was really nice and made me feel comfortable.
    The overall experience was great. Everyone that I came in contact with at CAT made me excited to work there. :)

Interview Questions

• It was a 30 minute interview and the questions were expected.
      For example, walk me through one of you experience on your resume.
      What's your greatest strength? , What's your life plan?
      Asking about computer skills and how to deal with working in a team.
      Answer Question