Caterpillar Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2015.

Interview

Interviews were panel based, so 3 people at a time. Almost all of the questions are behavior based. At the very end there were a very few actual "normal" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you were in where you were a member of a team that failed to meet it's goals. What was your role and what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

After completing testing, was interviewed by numerous upper level managers and HR manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was offered to me at their standard rate. I negotiated a salary review at 6 months of employment. At this time, I was moved up to a more experienced pay grade.

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Morton Grove, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Submittal of resume took a long time for review. Interview process was conducted by three people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Moscow (Russia)) in February 2014.

Interview

It started from sending a CV/cover letter via a recruiting portal. After two weeks the HR manager called, talked with me about my personal qualities and told someting about the vacancy. She asked me to write a short essay about my motivation; after that I had two more phone interviews with my future supervisor and colleague. Then I have been waiting for about one months and finally positive decision was made.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

not much on technical , 2 rounds of interview, but be carefull while negotiating the CTC, would try to squeeze you as much as possible. HR is very smart in confusing with variable pay calculations and the reality would be different

Interview Questions

• nothing like that as long as you are sue of what you have put in your resume   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2010.

Interview

I was already an employee. Cat can be hard to get in from the outside. They do situational interviews but they look internally first before they look outside the company. Many of the mid-career guys know tons of people so much of the process is calling or emailing personal networks for candidates. There is also another system to identify internal candidates. Once again very hard for external candidates to get into Cat. Your resume must be impeccable and then you will need to learn the large volume of initiatives quickly to last.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you: from here it ranged from handling difficult employees to delivering bad news to groups of people while finding ways to motivate them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. Pay based on salary grades. Much of this is set up by corporate and they had put a freeze on raises, limits on promotions. Increases within salary grades by experience and performance.