Caterpillar Interview Questions in Peoria, IL | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Interview Questions in Peoria, IL

Updated Feb 14, 2017

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Targeted selection with difficult questions. Usually anywhere from 5-10 questions. Multi-panel interviews or rotation of multiple interviews. Can possibly take longer than expected - don't drink a lot of coffee right before!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you manager told you that you were not performing up to expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a when you had to deviate away from an established process and how it turned out. Was the process eventually changed or added to in order to include the deviation?   Answer Question

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is structured. Three long interview starting with resume review for an hour followed by three different behavioral interview questions by three different people for an hour. After that you will wait for at least two weeks to get the interview results, which is just either pass or fail

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you have contributed or made an innovative process or any kind of innovation currently or the past at your work place?   Answer Question

All Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Nearly all external and internal interviews follow the STAR process. For external full time we will often do a phone interview or an on-campus interview, and if acceptable bring folks in for a panel interview (normally all using STAR).

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions on behavior. I suggest you reference specific experiences and avoid saying what you would do in your responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure to list internships on your resume. This adds compensation for entry level hires coming out of college.

Configurator Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel of three managers taking turns asking questions that need examples. About 5 minutes of talk about you in the beginning. They asked me to summarize my experience. And about 5 minutes at the end to just chat and get a idea of my personality. It was exactly one hour and somehow was behind me. Kind of got cut short. You get the feeling that they hate the questions they are asking, but they have to ask them. The answers are still important.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you overcame difficulty with a fellow employee.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond the job duty.   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized? Give an example of a time when this paid off.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

About 3 rounds, including 1 telephonic, F2F, HR discussion, it took about 2 weeks, I wasn't sure, that I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Career related questions, aspirations
      what will be different, if they hire me.
      Technical questions
      Scenario based questions
      Managerial questions
      Hr Discussion
      Answer Question

Advanced Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

interview with a group of three people in three different departments that you would be working with. Interview in STAR format so responses must be specific and detailed. Asked to show what you did in previous positions held and how it directly applies to how you would be successful in this role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were overwhelmed at work and how did you overcome this to still remain successful?   Answer Question

Management Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I meet with 3 different people. One that was going to be the supervisor. The other two would be co-workers. One of the co-workers was going to be working very closely with the new hire and training this individual. The other co-worker was going to be training this new hire with technology.

Interview Questions

• Asked what type of Technology I was familiar with.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The total process took about 6 months. I initially interviewed for a position at HQ; a few weeks following the in-person interview, I was contacted by a new HR staff about a different position with no follow-up from the previous position. I then had to complete the interview process again, although the questions were essentially the same. I was then contacted by the manager saying he "might" have something for me and for us to meet again, where I was introduced to a different manager. I informed them that I was interviewing elsewhere and I would keep in touch on whether or not I was interested in this possible and vaguely described position. Overall, I felt very disrespected and decided to go with a different company who actually communicated with me and provided a better total package.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

The beginning of the process started with a phone screening interview with a member of Human Resources. Later the process moved on to multiple interviews using the STAR Method. Three individual formal interviews with various members of the hiring department. The process finished with an informal interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have chose between two priorities at one time.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Caterpillar follows the STAR format when interviewing possible internship candidates. The interviewers base your future potential on your past actions. So when they ask you a question, describe the SCENARIO, then explain your TASK - what you hoped to address in that situation. Then describe your specific ACTIONS and how you combatted an issue. Finally, describe the RESULTS of your actions. They LOVE quantitative results. Since I am not close to Peoria, my interview was an hour-long phone interview. They were super nice and conversational during the process. After my interview, I received a call a week later with an internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Q. Can you tell us of a time that you really helped a customer?
      Q. Can you tell us of a time that you created a new idea to help out your team?
      Answer Question