Caterpillar Interview Questions in Peoria, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

183 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about a month later to set up a phone interview. All behavioral interview questions. The interviewer was very nice and professional. I liked her but unfortunately I was not prepared for that type of interview questions. I was very busy with my classes. If you prepare well for behavioral questions about team members, leadership ect , you will get a second round..

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co worker and how did you handle that. Tell me about a time you did not agree with a team member etc..   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I used to admire this awful company since I grew up in Peoria. But after being jerked around more times than I can count by this company and their interviewing process, I now know better.

The first interview was for a full-time position at their corporate headquarters and was an all-day interview. I was fresh out of grad school, and my dad bought me some nice interview clothes. I jumped through all their hoops and was told that I had passed and would here from them soon. Several months and lots of chasing later, they finally told me they didn't have a job at all and probably never would.

Another interview was for a contract position. I showed up and was nervous and had trouble remembering the person I was going to meet with. A cocky, mumbling guy (you know the type) made fun of me and made me look like an idiot.

Interview didn't go well. I was told I was too "low key" and that I didn't want the job.

There were a couple more, both contract jobs. One was a terrible help desk job that paid little and required unpaid overtime, which they justified by claiming it would help avoid burnout (really? How do you figure?). The other interview went ok, but as with the other job I had to nag the hell out of them to get them to tell me they weren't interested.

I gave up entirely on the company (they own Peoria, basically) and eventually relocated to Chicago. You can imagine how unexcited I was when I heard they were moving their headquarters to a town 15 miles away from me. I hope they go bankrupt.

Belcan Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Caterpillar (East Peoria, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Belcan recruiter. Belcan managed the interview for me. Applying for the position, getting interview date, interview took approximately 3 weeks. It was a phone interview. Hiring manager(Engineering Supervisor), team lead took the interview. I was contacted again by the Belcan recruiter to notify me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral question like how would you ensure best result or minimize error, how would handle extra pressure from customers, problem with co-worker etc. Team lead asked few technical questions like difference between emi receivers, spectrum analyzer, RF amplifier.   Answer Question

Senior Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Caterpillar uses a Targeted selection process for all of the staff and supervisor positions, which will result in you participating in three interviews, where you will be asked a number of questions related to the key characteristics required for the job. The key is to know your career/personal life well enough to respond to the questions using the SMART methodology. Your answers should be specific, measurable, describing your specific actions, with results, and any relevant indicators of time.

They will typically only interview 2-4 candidates for any job, so if you get a call for an interview at Caterpillar, you can assume that you are in the final 3-4 of candidates. Typically the interviews are done within a 2-3 week period of time, and most decisions are made within 1 week following the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to manage multiple tasks   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked what I liked/disliked about my previous jobs then asked me questions about scenarios where I had to draw from my previous job experiences. They asked me to provide specific examples, my actions and what the outcome of my actions was.

Interview Questions

• Explain a specific time you had to process a large amount of data quickly and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

2 Cat people, 1 contract company rep, me. Minimal questions. Very cheerful. Generally misleading regarding the essence of the work, which was to be a very obsequious, worker without an innovative spirit.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer routine or diverse daily activities   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Targeted selection with difficult questions. Usually anywhere from 5-10 questions. Multi-panel interviews or rotation of multiple interviews. Can possibly take longer than expected - don't drink a lot of coffee right before!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you manager told you that you were not performing up to expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a when you had to deviate away from an established process and how it turned out. Was the process eventually changed or added to in order to include the deviation?   Answer Question

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is structured. Three long interview starting with resume review for an hour followed by three different behavioral interview questions by three different people for an hour. After that you will wait for at least two weeks to get the interview results, which is just either pass or fail

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you have contributed or made an innovative process or any kind of innovation currently or the past at your work place?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Corporate Accounting Intern - initial online application, and then two interviews with the person i was going to work under and then the controller, and then about a week later, an offer was made.

All Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Nearly all external and internal interviews follow the STAR process. For external full time we will often do a phone interview or an on-campus interview, and if acceptable bring folks in for a panel interview (normally all using STAR).

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions on behavior. I suggest you reference specific experiences and avoid saying what you would do in your responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure to list internships on your resume. This adds compensation for entry level hires coming out of college.