Caterpillar Pricing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Pricing Analyst Interview Questions

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewed with CAT at a job fair. All questions were STAR based. The interviewer took a ton of notes during my answers to the questions. In the 15 minutes allotted for the interview, there were about 10 to 12 questions asked.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too off the wall. There were common questions, such as "What is one thing that you have done wrong recently, and what would you have done otherwise in hindsight to correct it" and "Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with a team member (in work, school, etc.) and how you handled the situation."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was split into three separate interviews. The interviews focused almost entirely on behavioral questions. All together, I was probably asked a total of 40 behavioral questions with almost no skill-based or technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

It wasn't a challenge. They attempted to bring up "challenging" analytical processes but anyone with a standard bachelors degree would be able to perform as expected. Honestly, if you're desperate for a job just appear amazed at the processes and "analytics" they brag about performing. My time in this group reminds me of high school with all of the cliches, if you don't care for this type of atmosphere - move on!

Interview Questions

• Do you understand how to leverage pivot tables, formulas in Excel and create power points. Do you know how to perform regression analysis?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2011.

Interview

The overall experience was okay. The interviewers were looking for track records of simplying following the directions to do the job. I was told that they had no doubt that I could perform the job responsibilities well, but they have concerns about the "fit". I felt I might have focused too much on the analytical side of my strength, which isn't that relevant to the position. But I didn't know how to adjust during the interview.

Looking back, .I should have clearly sought out what the position entails and what qualities are the important (or what qualities they are looking for) before the interview.