Caterpillar Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Project Manager Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

The interview will be completed by three current employees. Usually one is your boss, a fellow coworker and another manager that reports to the same general manager as your boss. The questions follow the SMART format, situation, measurable action, results and time. Each individual rates your score basically from a 1-5. After the interview, they make a consensus to determine what your overall score should be. Best overall score would either be offered the job or the top candidates might go through a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about a time you had to lead a team through a difficult task.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Targeted Selection Interview
    one on one interview
    Group interview
    STAR format questions
    Interview process was less painful it included 3 hour sessions but last session was about questions you would like to answer to get a feel for what you are looking for.
    All interviewees were very nice and easy to approach

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with Conflict Management   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Was referred by someone I know within the company. The interview process was a standard Targeted Selection interview. Questions similar to what is used with Gallup. Typically 1 - 2 people interview you for the position. The interview / approval process internally took about 30 days.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

everything was normal until they passed me to their second person who said he just wanted to get to know me and this was not part of the interview and then he followed with illegal questions re marriage, kids.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 yrs   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was short and rather informal. I met with the hiring manager and two other project managers to discuss my employment background and why I was interested in the job opening. They also asked some of the more common job interview questions that were relatively easy to answer. I felt the interview was based more on your personality and emotional intelligence than your technical and business aptitude.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate with management when you're called upon to deliver a critical milestone for a project in short amount of time?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2009.

Interview

It was very well organized and had lot of attention to details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. All that they offered seemed reasonable to me