Caterpillar Research and Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Research and Development Engineer Interview Questions

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

It was 3 one on one interviews

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked woth a least productive co worker?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Got a call for an onsite interview at Caterpillar's Mosville research and development center, after applying online on their website. There was no phone interview. It was a direct call for an onsite interview based on online application. The position was in combustion group.

Since they were interviewing me for a research position I was expecting the focus would be on technical aspects. But, to my surprise it was completely behavioral. This was a complete "Targeted Selection" interview. It was a panel interview with 3 people. All of them had similar questions, and were asking questions by reading their printouts. The questions are mainly aimed at giving specific examples from your previous experiences in dealing with different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a challenging task that you had to accomplish? And how did you accomplish it?
      2) Tell us about a skill that you did not have and the process you went through to acquire them?
      3) Describe a scenario where you were doing something in a wrong way and later corrected it?
      4) A scenario where you evaluated gains and risks about doing something and at the end decided not to do it
      Answer Question
    • 1) A scenario where you had to focus on attention to detail
      2) An example of working in a group
      3) Hostility with a coworker and how you resolved it?
      4) Any experience with putting in place safety and operation procedures
      5) What contributions are you leaving behind at your previous work place?
      Answer Question

Engineer Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager and two other managers working in different groups. All three interviews had the same format with STAR questions. There 1:1 interview in the morning followed by my 25 minutes presentation after lunch. I am still waiting for their final decision. I did follow up last week with the hiring manager, but I didnot get his response. I will try to call him this week.