Caterpillar Senior Associate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Senior Associate Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Behavioral and Situational questions

Interview Questions

• They give you scenarios so you can be in control of all the answers. They will do fact checking after the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

On campus interview followed by 3 rounds of technical interviews. Very repetitive, tiring and to some extent grueling. No surprising questions but expected surprising answers which was very interesting to think of now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered way less than what the market has to offer and so had to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Interview Process was fairly simple. Phone interview conducted by immediate supervisor where most of the technical questions are covered. Questions linked to job applied for and work experience on your resume. Interview starts off with a brief background from the Hiring manager followed by a few questions. Answers preferred in the STAR format.

Second round is at the work site conducted by 3 or 4 supervisors - mostly behavioral questions. Definitely required to answer questions in the STAR format.

Simple questions just be clear and concise.

Interview Questions

• Based on the background given to you how do you think your work experience will help you perform well in this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Caterpillar uses the standard targeted selection process. You are asked to describe a specific event in the past that highlights a particular competency. You must describe the Situation or Task, explain the Action you took, and comment on the Results. There where 3 hour long interviews with different people. The questions form each are different but there is some overlap on the competencies. You are encouraged to use different examples for each answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time there was a conflict on a team you were a part of. How did you handle this and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviews follow the STAR format (Situation/Task, Action, Response), and you are interviewed by three different people. Each session lasts about an hour. Depending on the interviewer, the sessions can be highly structured, following the questions given to the interviewer precisely. Or some int reviewers take a more laid back approach and interject their own questions and discussion. Overall the process is good, not too nerve-wracking, and a good way to get to know some of the people you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for engineering rotation program. After discussing my education, background and aspirations the interviewer told me I likely wouldn't be a good fit in product engineering but an ideal candidate for R&D at Tech Center and he'd forward my credentials. Nothing came of that but I was extended an on site interview with the product team at their division offices. On site interviews were 3 separate 1-2-1 sessions with different managers. All STAR based (e.g. Tell me a time would worked on a project with a difficult team member and how you handled the situation, Tell me a time you had to learn a new skill quickly, etc.). Was offered the position the following day with a very competitive salary and relocation package.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just prepare for STAR method interviews and know your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Safety first then line or service calls were the order of the day, There was all ways something to learn that never stopped. Our management was very helpful and knowledgeable. The co-workers had enough diversity we felt we could accomplish any thing, and we did. The hardest part of the job was when their was a lack of communication between shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being creative to solve problems.

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

5 rounds totally - 1 round Telephonic Technical - 1 round F2F Technical -3 F2F Scenario Based.The scenario based round mostly based on your previous experience, projects and how you handled them.

Negotiation

It was smooth

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

Interview

the interview was well designed, focusing mainly on characteristics of individuals.

Interview Questions

• describe the most awkward situation you have faced and how did you come out of it.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

They have very lengthy process for a day. Interview started morning 9 A.M and lasted till 9 P.M, The technical questions were really challenging the fundamentals. the interview committee was with high technical stewards. The treatment was homely and provided enough comfort during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Response Analysis explanation on mode superposition method and shape functions and weighted residual method etc.   Answer Question