Caterpillar Supply Chain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Supply Chain Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

back to back interview that took an hour in total. Very nice and professional HR people. I got the offer after 2 weeks through email and phone confirmation. I got another offer from a nice company so declined CAT. But definitely would recommend CAT.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you handled conflicts with teammates   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Penn State University, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. It takes one hour and it goes for the whole time. Heard it would take two months to hear back, but heard back in less than a month

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar in December 2015.

Interview

About 2 months after I submitted my application online, I was notified for a phone interview. The interview is with 2 people for about an hour and they go back and forth asking questions (~5). They want answers in STAR format; Situation, Task, Actions, Results. They will contact you if you got the offer 3-4 days later.

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

Spoke with them at job fair. Interviewed the next day. 2 people in interview room with me, 1 male and 1 female, both young. The entire interview was STAR format, so be sure to tell a story in your answers and be specific with details, always end on a positive note.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you evaluated the pro's and con's of a choice and ended up not taking the action   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you contributed/improved a current process at work   1 Answer
    • Name a time you were on a team and had to accomplish a goal/what was your role in the team   1 Answer
    • What does performance mean to you/how do you make sure you perform well?   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite and least favorite thing about past work experience   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to be innovative to solve a problem   1 Answer
    • There were 8 questions in my interview, all of them STAR format so make sure to tell a story in your answer and have questions prepared for them at the end of the interview   Answer Question

Accepted elsewhere

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2011.

Interview

panel interview; interviewers each ask questions covering different competencies

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had use your skills to influence your direct repot to change his/her attitude? did it work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2009.

Interview

was a panel interview and asked situation type questions. Had nothing to do with the current job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you either took it or not.