Caterpillar Technical Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

It was very straightforward. It was back to back 30-minute interviews with 2 different individuals in technical marketing. I researched the company and was able to speak on current events. Their business is changing and they are looking for employees who share their vision of change and who want to make the world a better place. Seeing the big picture of building a bigger world is essential and if you can tie your experience to their vision you will stand out. Also, don't bring up current financial position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

2 30 minutes behavior interviews by two different HR people. I really don't understand why we need to be asked so many behavior questions. They didn't even ask you to introduce yourself or why you want this job.

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Typical STAR questions. Interviewed with two separate people, each for a half hour. Asked me lots of questions about my work experiences, along with lots of leadership questions. Both people were very easy to interview with. I was told I would hear back about the position within a week. It has been two weeks and I have still not heard from either people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to step up and be a leader?
      Describe a time you felt overwhelmed with work, and how did you handle it?
      Describe a time you worked as a part of a team to solve a problem?
      What is the most difficult assignment (school or work) that you've ever had to deal with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I had two 30 minute phone interviews. The interviews were behavioral, and the associates mention that they want STAR formatted answers. They aim to ask 5 questions. They were really nice and start off by talking about themselves and ask about you... I applied through online recruiting, and then was personally contacted to set up an interview. I found out 10-12 days after my last phone interview that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to use leadership skills?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were working with a team? Were you satisfied with end results... Explain   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Ames, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based interview. Questions followed the STAR format. Interview felt informal, although questions were selected from a list. Interviewed with one marketing rep for 30 minutes, and then a new product implementation manager for an additional 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had a difficult experience with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Interview

Interview

Met them at a career fair, applied through my school and on their site. I went to the interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was behavioral. It was fairly easy, but I still didn't receive an offer.

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Campus recruiting - 30-40 minutes' interview with S.T.A.R questions. There were 2 interviewers - one as a manager and the other as a new employee who has campus recruiting experience.

Interview Questions

• more like general. I felt a bit difficult when Eg. What was your big failure?   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. I interviewed with 2 separate interviewers, one right after the other. Both were behavioral, but one was slightly more technical than the other. They were both really nice interviewers and both interviews felt more like discussions to me, rather than an interrogation process. A lot of the questions, I had been asked before so I was very familiar with the general format of both interviews.

Interview Questions

• How has your technical background helped you in life generally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward, mostly just talking through resume and previous experience. They did not ask too many technical questions or anything

Interview Questions

• How would my previous work experience make me an asset to the organization   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Went to my University Career Fair and was told to apply online through the University recruiting website. I sent in my resume and was offered an interview. The interview was an hour long with 2 half hour sessions with 2 interviewers. The questions were behavioral based and pretty standard. They told me that they would call me for an on-site interview if selected but they didn't do that and gave me an offer instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you faced a difficult customer and what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question