Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Interview Questions

Interviews at Cathay Pacific

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The recruitment in Los Angeles begins with submitting your resume to the LAX base email from the Cathay Pacific website. You will only receive an automated reply if recruitment is about to start ( about one month prior).

If you a shortlisted for the first interview. You will receive a phone call asking which interview date and time you would like. Also, they will ask you which Asian language you speak.

Round 1: You will have an arm reach test of 208cm and a language assessment. There is also one group activity/discussion. If you made it through this round, you will receive a phone call in the evening.

Round 2: More group activities with group presentations. One on one interview with the recruiters is also on this day. You will receive a call that evening with a job offer if you passed this round.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge from your previous job that you can apply to Cathay Pacific?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cathay Pacific

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

LAX base in Aug 2015

2 Interview total:
    1st interview is very simple, basic requirement for reaching 208cm, and being able to speak an Asian language. They will also ask you to speak a little paragraph in your Asian language. after that, you'll go to a different room for a "group interview" The interviewer give the group a topic and the candidates have to come up with an answer.

2nd interview is basically similar, they spilt you up in 2 grp (about 5 each), then you'll need to do another grp presentation, after that, they will interview you 1 on 1. They didn't try to give you a hard time, just remember to smile and show them how much you like the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Self introduction then discussion as a group. The facilitators spent most of their time observing how candidates interacted with each other, whether or not you participated in the group discussion as a team player, or if you were trying to take control and lead the group. Over all it was a fairly simple process. Just make sure you are on your best behavior at all times because they are observing your every move.

After the first session, those that were successful got a call to come in for round 2. Round 2 was another group session and a 1 to 1 interview (more like 1 to 2 actually) with the facilitators.

Successful candidates were called a few days after to go for their medical examination and English test.

Interview Questions

• What are important characteristics to have to be part of an award winning cabin crew team?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process went as follows:
    1. Submitted CV via email to the London office
    2. Attended a group assessment day, which involved demonstrating ability to work as a team, to give your own opinions and to listen to your group's opinions
    3. Attended a panel interview at the London office

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

I have just completed the digital interview on HireVue. There are two questions with each 30 seconds to prepare and one minute to answer. You can practice as many times as you like before starting the real interview.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you were abandoned in an isolated island?   Answer Question
    • You are a luggage attendant in a hotel. You made a luggage whistle dirty and the customer requested for compensation. What do you do?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2018.

Interview

1. cv (Uploaded your cv, certification, and photos)- 2. video interview (3 questions (2 English questions 1 Korean question), 1:1 interview through the phone application) - 3. final interview (Go to Hong Kong) with group discussion.

Interview Questions

• Role play (In the store someone bought the product which is expired)   1 Answer
    • If you can speak other languages, you also have the one question (Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese...)
      When do you feel scary?   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

2 rounds interviews.
    first one is height test, group questions, languages text.
    2nd interview with many papers to fill in, one to one interview, English test. etc
    body medical check. which is blood check, drug test...

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

Group interview with around twenty people. There were several activities during the one hour session. Then, during the activities session, the recruiters pulled two people to do a more personal interview.