Cathay Pacific Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cathay Pacific Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Interviews at Cathay Pacific

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview first. while waiting you do a language assessment and reach test. Then you go into a room with 10-15 people and do a group discussion and activity. If selected you will be scheduled to come back to the 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cathay Pacific Airways?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cathay Pacific

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

In the first group meeting, there will be an introduction of Cathay pacific, few crews will be out to answer your questions about the position, foreign language test(read & speak), & reach test. In the panel interview, you will be asked to introduce yourself and explain why you want to work for Cathay pacific.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself, why you want to be a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

First Interview:
    Reach test.
    Language assessment (for those who said they spoke a second/third language)
    Self into.
    Mainly group activities/presentation and discussion about customer service industry.
    Info about company.
    Q&A session

Second interview:
    Fill out forms and applications, while each person gets called for one on one/two interview (base office manager/coordinator and a crew)

Interview Questions

• Depending who you interview with, you may have straightforward interview type questions, or a conversation type interview.

Self into

Why you want to be an FA?

Why Cathay Pacific?

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

What is a time you went above and beyond?

What is one of your accomplishments?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

At the first group interview, the recruitment team will observe you, how you interact in a group, if you're friendly, nice attitude, and easy to talk to. They will first do an introduction of the company, flight attendant life, benefits and salary. After the introduction, they will divide into small groups of 5-7. Groups will take turn to do interview (about you, why you want to be FA...), language test (very easy, they talk to you in your language and make you read a small paragraph), and reach test (able to reach a sticky note on the wall, you can tiptoe).
    Second interview is one on one with more questions about your experience, your future goals, customer service... (do your research and you'll be fine)
    After you pass the second interview, they will schedule you to do health and drug test (very strict) and computer test (which if you fail, you can retake it).
    Overall process took about 3 weeks. It wasn't that hard.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

two interview, very competitive. 500 candidates sent in resume, only select 150 candidates for the first interview, then select 50 candidates for the second interview. At last, they will select 24-27 candidates for training.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

First round interview was more of a group interview, along with height and language test. Make sure you can reach the minimum overhead reach! Or else you won't pass!

Second round interview consisted of personal interview and a small group activity. Have all your copies of documents ready because you'll spend an hour or so just filling in paper work.

Interview Questions

• Give 3 characteristics you think that an outstanding employee should have   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

This was for an SFO-based crew. They said that it was the last full crew they were bringing on board for a while in SF, so new hires in the future will only be to fill in the places for current flight attendants who decide to leave. The LA-based group is younger so there is more opportunity for hiring.

The interview was held at a hotel near the airport in two separate conference rooms. First, we signed in and all met in one conference room. There were about 25 of us. The crew manager told us that there were originally thousands of resumes sent. We were part of the 270 people who were chosen to do this first-round interview (there would be multiple sessions throughout the week). Of the 270, some would go on to the second interview, but ultimately, they are looking to fill 20 positions.

We were given a brief orientation about life as a flight attendant as well as played a short video on the 6-week training period. Then four crew members came and we were given the opportunity to ask questions, which lasted about 10 minutes. We were then divided into two groups and half the group left for the group assignment.

I stayed in the first room and the crew members facilitated the arm reach test and language assessment (each less than a minute), which were both very simple and relaxed. I had the chance to mingle with other applicants, which really took the stress out of the whole process.

When we were all done and the other group was done, we switched places. In the other room, we sat around a conference table with three interviewers. We each had a chance to introduce ourselves (name, occupation, why we want to become a flight attendant, what languages we speak). Then the assignment was given: as a group, choose the 3 best traits that a "best employee award" recipient should have. We were given about 5 minutes. Obviously it was a test to see how you worked well in a team and not necessarily what answers we give.

They said that they would call accepted applicants within a week for the second round: another group assignment as well as a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• As a group, choose 3 traits that you think a "best employee award" recipient should have.   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

This was a while ago but this is as much as I can remember. I applied NY base Aug 2013, got a call Apr 2014 asking if I was still interested to interview in May. Just like that, no pre screening or anything, seemed to me they just called everyone who submitted a resume......
    Got there very early, chatted with a few candidates, interview was late because they were not done w the previous group. You could clearly see they did not even filter the candidates before that first interview, which I thought was unprofessional because they are wasting people's time.
    They did a presentation about the company and the job, after that some people were brought to another room for the group interview, the rest stays in the room to conduct reach test and language assessment. The language test was very sketchy because you are just in a corner and they ask you to read from the paper, then ask you a question in the language and that was it.
    Group interview question I remember was one of those question posted on here before but I cannot recall which one. After that they tell you that if you do not hear anything for 2 weeks you are considered unsuccessful.

Here is my second experience with them Hong Kong base.

Applied late Aug 2014 email mid Sep to join recruitment day late Sep.

Arrived at Cathay City (Hong Kong) very early, apparently they schedule people with different time slot but if you get there early they squeeze you in for the talk anyway. You give them application, resume, passport photo and HK ID, then proceed into the hall, meanwhile they do the reach test as you walk down to sit. They do the talk, now they bring you upstairs.

First group interview was pretty good but definitely unpredictable. You get these cards on your table and you have to discuss amongst the group and rank the cards, I got Olympic Games and you have to rank which game to be eliminated first and explain yourself. I just did my best, talked and maintained eye contact, I passed.

Second group process was long. You have a debate then you have a role playing. This is the time where you get very comfortable with the other candidates, which should be a good thing but it's not. And I will explain why.
    If you are selected in the interview, then you go have lunch, and return for English assessment and will be given a final interview date which will be one on one.

Cathay Pacific do not like people who are confident. They like people who can be easily trained, easily manipulated so to say. If you really want the job and are a very confident person, you need to act like you are very scared the whole time and not confident. I am so serious about this because when I got sent home after the second group interview, some other candidates and I left together and we were evaluating the people who got to stay, non of them appeared to be a confident person at all, they are all the submissive ones. So do not show personality, then you will do fine. Also I read somewhere that if you English is awesome you will get selected, that is complete bull. All the ones who have studied aboard or live in a western country were eliminated (because of the confidence issue).

Do not be upset if you fail because like I said in the beginning, they don't have a pre screening process like other companies, you just go to the first interview without any personality test or video, phone interview. So you can imagine they have so many reasons to reject people in the first interview. Personally I think it's a horrible experience, complete waste of my time and money, I will probably never apply them again.

Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Arm Reach, they said 208cm. But it is wrong. More like 212cm. Group discussion..not enough time..interviewer do not bother. English and Mandarin Assessment. But seems they only hire 1 or 2 but many people interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

One phone call interview, two group interviews, and one on one interview.
    Phone call interview question would be are you able to work in the United State? R you older 18?
    Group interview: why choose Cathy Pacific? any difficulte customer experience you had?
    One on one interview: general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Interviewe questions were not so clear. You should ask them if you dont get the questions.
      Questions like: Why Cathy Pacific? Why want to work as flight attendant? Are you able to relocate?   Answer Question