Cathay Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cathay Pacific

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Start with the group interview. English assessment,height (arm reach) assessment, read a PA, second language is a must, if passed the first group interview then it will be the f2f one one interview, keep your smile, show the interaction with other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant? Why do you choose Cathay Pacific?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific in February 2011.

Interview

Fair questions...according to the position you're applying. They checked your grooming, self-presentation and how spontaneous you answer the questions. Just be yourself but yet in a professional and friendly manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied last year and they invited me to join the first group interview this March. They offered 3 time session on 3 different day, for a total of 9 session. Each session had about 30 people. At the beginning, they did a PowerPoint presentation about company background and benefit. Then current flight attendant came and answered any question. Second, they split the applicants into groups. Each group has about 10 people and will be asked to go to another room. They asked you to introduce yourself (your name, language you speak, current job). Then, you were given 2 minutes to read the question and brainstorm. Our question was ''what characteristics should the best employee have.'' Then, you were given about 10 minutes to discuss with your group and came up with three characteristics. After the group was done, you swap with the other group to do 208cm reach test and language assessment test. That's it for the first interview. For the second interview, 4 sessions with a total of 48 people. You was assigned to a table before you got in. First, introduce yourself (your name, language you speak and one interesting thing about you). Then, given a topic and you had 2 minutes to brainstorm and about 5 minutes to discuss with group. Our question was ''according to CX mission and vision, as a flight attendant, how can you provide outstanding service. The group had to come out with 4 points and each member had to present 1 point in front of everyone. Then, you were called to 1-on-1 interview. Interviewer first talked about wages and benefits, then started asking questions. All of them are common interview questions about customer service and behavioral questions, such as tell me a time when you deal with angry customer. Last, interviewer asked you to read out loud a story and asked you questions about the story.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to become flight attendant?
      2. Tell me a time when you handle customer complaint.
      3. Tell me one thing that your boss think you need to improve.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was late and I missed the little orientation at the beginning of the interview, but every thing else goes well. They have you reach to a certain height and have you introduce yourself in a group discussion.

Interview Questions

• what is the reason for you to apple for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1. There was a session on an introduction of Cathay Pacific. Then flight attendants came into the room for any open questions. I encourage applicants to ask questions.

2. They split the applicants into groups. Each group has about 7-10 people. (One group will be asked to go into another room:
    A) They ask you to work as a team to figure out each others birthday and line up according to the months.
    B) They ask you individually to tell everyone what are you currently doing, tell us about yourself, and what languages do you speak? according to from the order or people's birthday.
    C) They place three items on the table for you to prioritize which items are most important. They give you a few minutes to think about it to yourself and then you share your ideas with your group to come up with the best solution.

3. When I was done, you swap with the other group to do height reach and language assessment test. They ask you to read a passage in your second language and had a conversation with you in your language.

That was it for the first round of interview.
    They let you know you will get a call back on the same day or the next day or within one to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What languages did you speak?
      Tell us about yourself.
      What are you currently doing?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

Usually 3 rounds of interviews, first one is general selection which means your resume was good enough to get you in the door,they do basic height reach test, introduce yourself in font of a group of others, and ask you questions :why do you want to become a flight attendant? What's your experience and education? Is this your dream job?..ect. basic questions. Nothing too difficult or out of expectation.

The interview was held in a very nice hotel conference room, it's formal and top-notch. It's good to be prepared, too stressed out would not help you express yourself in front of base manager, senior crews and other interviewees. Be warm,friendly,but professional are the keys!

The office staff and managers are very friendly and helpful, they also offered a free questions time to let you ask current crews your concerns at the interview!

Negotiation

They offer extremely good benefit package, nothing much to negotiation if you are ok with the pay.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. 1st is group interview, 2nd round is one-on-one interview by base manager. Knowledge in an Asian foreign language is required. A base crew member will usually assist in the hiring process by testing prospective employees on their language skills. A paragraph in a foreign language is provided to assess the interviewee's skills. ( reading, speaking) and a height test is administered. Medical clearance is required after an offer is given.

Interview Questions

• What does Service from the Heart mean to you?   1 Answer

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

E-mail notification followed by a brief phone interview. then on-site interview was scheduled with the department director which lasted about 20 minutes total. On the interview day, i was invited into the team director's office, sat with the supervisor and the interview began. questions varied from ones regarding my skillset, experience and hypothetical situations and how i would handle them. also questions about the workplace and company culture was asked.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience in airline operations and what were some of the challenges you have faced? how would you react in hypothetical situations? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a one on two interview with a senior engineer and a human resource officer. The interview was in a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• What was the cause of the boeing dreamliner to catch on fire   1 Answer

Lead Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Your basic "tell me about yourself" type interview. I had a phone screen with the HRBP and was asked to come in for an in person interview the next week. I met with that same HRBP and the VP of People. The conversation went well, or so I thought. I was told they would contact me about next steps the following week. I sent out thank you emails after the interview. I followed up with a quick check in email at the end of the following week since I did not hear anything either way. Followed up a week later and this past Monday a full month after my in person interview. Not a single reply or even the form email letting me know that I was not selected. If this is how they treat candidates I can only assume what the culture is like for employees.