Catherines Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Catherines

1 Interview Review

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Catherines (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

About a month after using my resume to apply on A hiring search engine site a got a phone call for a one on one interview with the store manager. She was kind great personality and chatty. She asked me about my previous jobs so I gave her a day in the life scenario, and explained the transitions of leaving one company for another then getting laid off. Which lead to the conversation of how it's no secret retail is struggling with cut backs and payroll and how previously I improvised because of it. She was upfront with expectations in metrics, what she needed help in and her weaknesses (which was refreshing) and asked me a lot of questions. Dressed professionally but read about needing to be fashion forward so I wore black dress pants flats a nice sheer lace top some fashion classy jewelry and made sure I did something with my hair that wasn't plain. She said I needed to get my online app filled out asap and she would let me know a time the DM could do a phone interview. All pay scale questions and negotiations had to go through DM. I had some questions about were in the company and distract the store ranked so I could get an idea of pay. I asked about how they are on meeting metrics and what kind of shrink issues the specific area and store had. Will ask DM more about how they merchandise as far as strictly to Plano gram or if they have all of the merchandise. Also what kind of opportunities the specific store has for improvement.

Interview Questions

• Why Catherine s ?   1 Answer
  • Do you like retail? Why if so?   1 Answer
  • Discipline?   1 Answer
  • How would you feel you could handle having to be alone in the store in opening hours?   1 Answer