Catholic Charities USA Case Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Charities USA Case Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two supervisors at the interview and asked questions related to the job description. Also, there was a written test to determine case notes skills. They called reference after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel working with senior citizens?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Catholic Charities USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Really friendly! I enjoyed the way I was treated. They took me to a back room and asked me about my educational and work experiences. I interviewed with two different people. Both of them were really up beat and positive. I left feeling encouraged and valued.

Interview Questions

• How can one help people and remain a level of professionality?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Orleans, LA) in May 2010.

Interview

As the advertised position was a part of an emergency, temporary project, the interview process was not typical of the organization's hiring process. However, the organization responds to disasters with new programs, so this may happen again. I was referred to the project manager as someone who had the skills to fill the position and, as the position needed to be filled immediately, the manager (friendly but professional) briefly interviewed me on site and reviewed my credentials. Then, I volunteered and was trained in the position for one week before being officially hired. I had to submit documentation and proof of my education to HR.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult cases in which the clients may be angry or threatening towards you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not negotiable. There was a certain amount of funding available for the position.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in June 2010.

Interview

I received a call for an interview, went in, and was ask about every item on my resume. Then the interviewer explained the job in detail and benefits associated with working at the organization. The next day I received a letter indicating that I would not be asked for another interview. The environment was somewhat stale but the people were friendly enough.