Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.5

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Camden, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through monster for a posting by careersusa and was immediately contacted for an interview for the staffing agency. After that, I was scheduled to intreview for Catholic charities. I got there and waited about a half hour and then was taken to the back by a lady who was looking for a room to interview me in. It was like she wasn't really prepared for an interview since she searched several rooms with me following her around until she found an empty boardroom. She then left me in the room for about 5 minutes and came back with 2 other women. They took turns asking about myself and and they each took turns asking me all types of questions. From past employment and job roles for multiple positions from my resume to what makes me feel accomplished and why would I want to work in the field. It was a little draining. The first lady would ask me questions and text while I was talking. She did not smile once. Not even when meeting me and shaking my hand. They told me how they were so protective of their team that the workers interview candidates so they can figure and decide if they will fit in with the company and employees and give recommendations for the hiring manager so that they will then ask the candidate back for another interview. Once she said that I had no idea what was left to be asked and I felt as though I was trying to get into a sorority or something. They explained every aspect of the job and told me I'd be a perfect fit for their team. I left feeling confused because I felt as though I didn't have the one texting lady's attention, while everyone else smiled and nodded and told me my answers were excellent.

Interview Questions

• People from all different backgrounds will come to you with various different stories. Would you show any emotion toward them or do you remain professional   Answer Question
    • Name an obstacle that you have overcome   Answer Question
    • This is nonprofit agency so the salary is a little lower than for profit agencies. Why do you want to work in the services field if not for the money   Answer Question
    • Our supervisor is a very busy man, not to say he's unapproachable, but he has a lot to handle in our busy busy office. How would you handle a situation where you're done you're training and you're working on your own and a coworker has told you to do something one way when you were doing it another way and you were not sure which way was the correct way for it to be done? Would you approach the coworker?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Denver, CO).

Interview

Panel interview. My interview took place several years ago - leadership has changed. I normally would not have accepted a "pitch a plan" interview; but did so because I had a strong interest in seeing the organization succeed regardless of my interview success.

Interview Questions

• Share a communications plan (asked to research and prepare beforehand and present to the panel)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

very detailed and tedious; I thought it was very comprehensive on Microsoft products. I spent a mega-amount of time trying to get every question correct. I did well she told me, but I did not get the job. I was very sad. I had several interviews and was narrowed to 3. I thought the ladies were very nice I interviewed with but I did not understand why they did not pick me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone coming in off the street.   1 Answer

A Director Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a short screen (about 10-15 minutes).

Then a few days later I was asked to interview with a small group. The meeting with the small group was much more intense than I expected. The interviewers had a list of specific questions. The whole interview was about an hour.

Then a few weeks later I asked to present and met with the CEO (about an hour). The CEO was very informal and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you seek buy-in from your direct-reports, who have worked with this origination for a long period of time?   Answer Question
    • How long would you commit to staying with this organization?   Answer Question

Peer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for months and never herd anything. It wasn't until I physically went to the home office and requested a meeting with HR that they finally looked at my resume. The representative agreed that I was well qualified and a good candidate for several positions however it still took about a month to actually connect me with the right people.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with low income housing, property management, and or social services?   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, person to person interview, and then confirmation. The interview was with one manager. He asked the questions that he needed to ensure I was the right candidate. Much of the interview was geared towards my field.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was a panel interview with three person panel. Very professional very organized. Interview process was a long wait time interview itself only took 35 minutes waiting for the interview one hour

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two supervisors at the interview and asked questions related to the job description. Also, there was a written test to determine case notes skills. They called reference after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel working with senior citizens?   Answer Question

Client Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Covington, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 3 different interviews, each about a week apart. The first interview was about an hour and 15 minutes. The HR manager as well as the assistant director conducted the interview. The second interview I was with the executive director for about an hour. The third interview I was with the executive director again as well as a priest for about 30 mins. All 3 interviews went very well, I was made to feel very comfortable and they were very positive and encouraging. The interview questions were the usual but it was still stressful because there were so many questions in a series of interviews. I did not hear back about the position, so I contacted them for an update and they apologized saying they intended to get back with me much sooner. I ended up not getting the offer, but it was a positive experience overall, just a very lengthy process.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The interview process is very personal, as you are meeting one on one with the person who will be your direct supervisor. They clearly really want to know why you are passionate about working for the organization, and specifically for the section you are applying to. For example, I applied to work for Refugee Services and they asked a lot about why refugee issues were important to me. I was glad to see that this was a major component of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of us here have very personal connections to refugee issues. Why did you chose to apply to refugee services/why do you think these issues are important? (paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • Program retention can be a challenge in some of our programs. How would you keep high retention rates in our programming? (paraphrased)   Answer Question