Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.5

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Denver, CO).

Interview

Panel interview. My interview took place several years ago - leadership has changed. I normally would not have accepted a "pitch a plan" interview; but did so because I had a strong interest in seeing the organization succeed regardless of my interview success.

Interview Questions

• Share a communications plan (asked to research and prepare beforehand and present to the panel)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

very detailed and tedious; I thought it was very comprehensive on Microsoft products. I spent a mega-amount of time trying to get every question correct. I did well she told me, but I did not get the job. I was very sad. I had several interviews and was narrowed to 3. I thought the ladies were very nice I interviewed with but I did not understand why they did not pick me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone coming in off the street.   1 Answer

A Director Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a short screen (about 10-15 minutes).

Then a few days later I was asked to interview with a small group. The meeting with the small group was much more intense than I expected. The interviewers had a list of specific questions. The whole interview was about an hour.

Then a few weeks later I asked to present and met with the CEO (about an hour). The CEO was very informal and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you seek buy-in from your direct-reports, who have worked with this origination for a long period of time?   Answer Question
    • How long would you commit to staying with this organization?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was a panel interview with three person panel. Very professional very organized. Interview process was a long wait time interview itself only took 35 minutes waiting for the interview one hour

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with nonprofit organization's   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two supervisors at the interview and asked questions related to the job description. Also, there was a written test to determine case notes skills. They called reference after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel working with senior citizens?   Answer Question

Client Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Covington, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 3 different interviews, each about a week apart. The first interview was about an hour and 15 minutes. The HR manager as well as the assistant director conducted the interview. The second interview I was with the executive director for about an hour. The third interview I was with the executive director again as well as a priest for about 30 mins. All 3 interviews went very well, I was made to feel very comfortable and they were very positive and encouraging. The interview questions were the usual but it was still stressful because there were so many questions in a series of interviews. I did not hear back about the position, so I contacted them for an update and they apologized saying they intended to get back with me much sooner. I ended up not getting the offer, but it was a positive experience overall, just a very lengthy process.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The interview process is very personal, as you are meeting one on one with the person who will be your direct supervisor. They clearly really want to know why you are passionate about working for the organization, and specifically for the section you are applying to. For example, I applied to work for Refugee Services and they asked a lot about why refugee issues were important to me. I was glad to see that this was a major component of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of us here have very personal connections to refugee issues. Why did you chose to apply to refugee services/why do you think these issues are important? (paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • Program retention can be a challenge in some of our programs. How would you keep high retention rates in our programming? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Domestic Violence Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Council Bluffs, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very Long. There was a face to face interview and then it took weeks for them to get back to me only to offer me a whole other position which I did not apply for and it was part time when I was seeking full-time. After careful consideration, I thought the extra income would help and also get me in the door to possible get a full-time position somewhere down the line.

Financial Stability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with Program Manager of Financial Stability and Program Manager of Social Services after passing a phone interview. They did a brief screening asking questions about whether I would be comfortable working in an environment where there may be prayer or religious speech. Will have back ground and credit check done if they extend an offer. They stated that they will meet with other candidates and schedule third and final interviews within the week and extend offers within two weeks.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two steps interview process. I did not have a phone interview. First, I met the HR Manager and Then I met the program manager on the same day. HR Manager did the screening and then send me to the Program Manager who explained the job duties, what they expect from me, Ask whether I am willing to work on some weekends and after hours etc. Overall, the interview is not difficult. I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How do you raise the bar for others?
      How did you prepare for this interview?
      If you have several different projects due in same day, what do you do to finish these projects on time?
      Answer Question