Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.4

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Questions

• If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Front Desk Hotel Clerk Third Shift Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Portland, ME) in May 2015.

Interview

interviewed with General Manager at Marriott, downtown Portland, Maine. Interview went well and GM asked interesting questions. Interview lasted about an hour Very relaxed, one on one with GM in lobby of hotel.. Outcome of interview was they would let me know in a few weeks. Had several more candidates to interview that week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work third shift?
      What was one of the best jobs you have done in your work history and why was that job so great?   1 Answer
    • The GM said the job process of hiring would take a while. They need to do background checks, drug screening and have more applicants to interview.   1 Answer

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy to get through if you are working in the main office as support. Just use words that have multiple syllables when meeting with HR and you will get to the next phase of the interview. Beyond that it depends on where you work but in most cases the person interviewing you will not be paying much attention to your answers anyway.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (San Carlos, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I interview for a care manager position in San Carlos at an Adult Day Program. The first interview was a brief phone interview. After, I met I did 1:1 interview with the program director. The staff was very nice and friendly. The questions were very easy. From the interview, I can tell the program director really care about the population the company serve.

Interview Questions

I didn't take the job offer since I got another job offer at another agency. However, I wish I did.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

During interview, it was clear that the supervisor didn't realize I was interviewing to be a volunteer. I was asked many questions but none about my volunteer experiences. The supervisor was wanting to hire me to work as an employee in a role I had never heard of. So, the interview was an overview of a job that I really didn't feel I had the know-how or the experience but the supervisor wanted me to develop the program and wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have interacting with the community?   1 Answer

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Albany, NY).

Interview

There is a ceo and controller and assistant controller. You all work together 830 to 430, summer hours you dont work on Friday. You will do account payable and account receivable and bookkeeping and ach payments for cookie sales and deposits for the store. You will use excel for cookie sales. They use more than one program there.

Interview Questions

• If i mind working with all woman   1 Answer

Dietary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me for a phone interview and then called me in for a interview about a week later I received an job offer. The whole process took about a month

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process wasn't really a traditional one. It was through Summer Youth Employment. But When the regular school year started the interview process was like a regular one. I was interviewed by the director of the program for that specific school.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional, and eager to give me the job because of the high case volume.

Interview Questions

• Why I am looking to get a summer job as medical assistant when I study for Interior Designer?   Answer Question